+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Higher HCG levels with IVF immunology treatments?

Question for ladies who fell pregnant in cycles with treatments to address immunology issues eg NK cells, ANA etc.

I’m curious if the cycles you were on an immunology treatment plan that you fell pregnant had much higher HCG results than other cycles.

My 4w3d blood was 1390 then 5w3d was 18,591. I’m very happy about it hoping it means something different - perhaps no cells attacking the embryo??

With my pregnancies to date, 4w+ levels were in the 100’s then 5w+ at 1,000’s.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not for me, my levels where mid-low range using prednisolone, clexane and regular intrallipids. Have you had a scan yet to see if there's just the 1 bubba? (Not meaning to scare you) Although levels do range wildly and they should double every 48 hours in the early weeks. There are hcg calculators that can work out the doubling rate for you in google, if that might help. xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Birdface (26-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me again, when i put in approx levels and dates based on your info into this calculator it said doubling time of 44 hours which is pretty spot on :-)Screenshot_20190626-182823_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry its blurry, here's the link so you can try it yourself
    http://perinatology.com/calculators/betahCG.htm

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Birdface (26-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Birdface congratulations! My DD is IVF. I didn’t do any immunology treatments and my HCG was 1200 at 4 wks 3days and 17500 at 5 wks 4days (so similar to u) Only one bubba but just high HCG. Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to L.j For This Useful Post:

Birdface (26-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was just also thinking most ladies do hcg bloods at about 4 weeks or 2 weeks after transfer ir even earlier as we are all pee in stick addicts, then 2 days after that so not very common to go back again at 5+ weeks so i guess iy can be quite normal for hcg to be that high by alomost 6 weeks. I think its a great sign 9f a healthy pregnancy and baby to come xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Birdface (26-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @gorgeousgeorge! Mines doubling. One more test in 2 days and next week too, until the week 7 viability scan.

I’m glad they do that for me, for my peace of mind after all the miscarriages. It’s encouraging and minus the stress not knowing, just waiting.

Well, I did the calcs. I only put one in but who knows! I’m just glad there’s a significant difference in the “performance”. 🤞🏼
    Attached Images

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Birdface For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (26-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Not for me, my levels where mid-low range using prednisolone, clexane and regular intrallipids. Have you had a scan yet to see if there's just the 1 bubba? (Not meaning to scare you) Although levels do range wildly and they should double every 48 hours in the early weeks. There are hcg calculators that can work out the doubling rate for you in google, if that might help. xx
    Btw @gorgeousgeorge, how often did you do Intralipids?

I did one about a week PRE transfer. I’m getting one more next Monday now that I have a confirmed pregnancy. FS reckons that’s all i need (not that I like the cannula 😒).

How many did you do and when?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Btw @gorgeousgeorge, how often did you do Intralipids?

I did one about a week PRE transfer. I’m getting one more next Monday now that I have a confirmed pregnancy. FS reckons that’s all i need (not that I like the cannula ).

How many did you do and when?
    From memory, i did 2 weeks before transfer, at transfer, 2 weeks after transfer and 4 weeks after transfer.
    My fs also said after that i didnt need anymore :-) From what ive read on here all fs have slightly different ideas but i think most ladies only had it a couppe of times after confirming pregnancy. :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Birdface (27-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and im not even sure i needed it now as I am 9 months preggers naturally after having my little donor embryo girl??? And havent taken any immune meds. Fertility is so weirdly unpredictable. I totally get how its so hard to believe you're actually preggers and that things will be ok but i tried to remember using young healthy donors is the best you can get and hcg levels are going great and just because de has failed before, that can happen, same as it happens to any younger ladies whose ivf cycles end up bfn or who have miscarriages. I think in hindsight, bfn and miscarriage happen to lots and lots of ladies and its not necessarily something that means theres anything wrong with you, just that you're kinda the same as many other women. I think its just a matter of finding that golden embryo, which is easier for some ladies than others, but a good emby is a good emby and they make a baby xx