+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

Has anyone tried this? What did you think? Do you have to stick to their menu plans or did you get to choose your own food?
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 25-06-2019 at 10:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven’t done that but I’m doing the Fast 800 diet at the moment. So far so good (it’s only been a week haha).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel (25-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did this a few years ago. The recipes are good, some of them were absolutely delicious. I can't remember if I had much success with the plan, but any failure would likely have been due to me not sticking to the actual diet.
    I tried a different diet afterwards, which I stuck too exactly, and got great results. Apparently following the plan and not picking and choosing which bits to do is more successful! 🤣

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I’ve done it, not a huge success but that was more about me I think.

It is a lot of meat!! I love meat and felt it was too much. Other than that great recipes and you can easily adapt anything you normally make.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I did this a few years ago. The recipes are good, some of them were absolutely delicious. I can't remember if I had much success with the plan, but any failure would likely have been due to me not sticking to the actual diet.
    I tried a different diet afterwards, which I stuck too exactly, and got great results. Apparently following the plan and not picking and choosing which bits to do is more successful! 🤣
    Thanks. You confirmed what I suspected about picking and choosing. I don't think I can access to check it out without paying the $199 first so am not sure exactly what it entails.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    I’ve done it, not a huge success but that was more about me I think.

It is a lot of meat!! I love meat and felt it was too much. Other than that great recipes and you can easily adapt anything you normally make.
    I wondered about meat. I put my stats into one of their online calculators and they said I should be eating 105 grams of protein a day. BUT I have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and have been told to lose weight and get my levels down or go on meds. Everything I've read online about lowering cholesterol says to reduce meat. I was hoping the CSIRO diet had vegan / vegetarian options. I can't afford to pay $199 just to look at the eating plan before deciding if it is for me.

On the flip side I have managed to lose a bit of weight on my own, but could do with support and the online support CSIRO offer looks good.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 25-06-2019 at 12:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any experience with this diet but just wanted to say if you want to check out potential meal plans The Paleo Way is free and includes heaps of free recipes and you can follow the meal plan or pick and choose which meals (e.g. if its too meat or 'healthy fat' heavy for your liking.

I haven't used the paleo way for weight loss but have used it for health issues (autoimmune condition) and have had great results.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I wondered about meat. I put my stats into one of their online calculators and they said I should be eating 105 grams of protein a day. BUT I have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and have been told to lose weight and get my levels down or go on meds. Everything I've read online about lowering cholesterol says to reduce meat. I was hoping the CSIRO diet had vegan / vegetarian options. I can't afford to pay $199 just to look at the eating plan before deciding if it is for me.

On the flip side I have managed to lose a bit of weight on my own, but could do with support and the online support CSIRO offer looks good.
    I’ll take some photos of the books for you when I get a second. It’s lots of protein to get any other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    I’ll take some photos of the books for you when I get a second. It’s lots of protein to get any other way.
    thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Thanks. You confirmed what I suspected about picking and choosing. I don't think I can access to check it out without paying the $199 first so am not sure exactly what it entails.
    Oh, I had some books that I used instead. Before the days of online subscriptions!
    It's basically high protein, moderate carb. It is a lot of meat. You don't have to eat it all, but it's roughly 200g protein at dinner, 100g lunches. Can't recall breakfast guidelines.
    But I think I snuck carbs in, so I was eating a LOT of meat, and a whack of carbs. And probably a decent serve of dairy. And fruits. So yeah, I wasn't committed to it like I should have been.
    From having done a subsequent diet which I stuck too, I realised that I couldn't be half a$$ed about it and expect results. Wasn't really ready to commit at the time, but that was more about me than the diet!
    ETA- sounds like they have personalised it for you with the 105g/day. The books I had, it was a blanket X grams