+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hand foot mouth

Pls help me my baby got this at a new daycare centre he was literally there for 3 days! I have it now! How long will it take me to recover ladies can anyone help? I feel sickest I’ve ever felt. I’ve taken him out of the centre as there is a bit of an epidemic and found a new family daycare mum. I have already taken the week off work this week to care for him and have soo many clients to tend to next week. If anyone has any advice or tips please send them my way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hfm is generally Normant for 3-5 days before the blisters actually come out so if you child was only there for 3 days this week I would doubt it was caught at the centre. It’s an airborne virus and they could of easily caught it in a park touching play equipment, from other kids you know or even at a play cafe. Last time my 2nd had it last year it was from a play cafe. We where there for an entire 1 hour !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hun he went for a trial couple days before them and they have put several notices out that the room was riddled so the days line up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that sucks. What a way to be introduced to day. Unfortunately there isn’t much you can do. Do not pop the blisters though. It can take up to a couple of weeks for it all to disappear though. Lots of fluid, Panadol if need be and lots of rest is really the only way

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

shellzand (22-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no, my DS just went through hfm and the blister have dried out but you can still see them.

He had a fever on the Thursday blisters appeared by Saturday and it took until the following Sunday to be cleared for daycare. So all up 10 days to recover for my DS.

I was lucky not to catch it thankfully.

Not sure how well it works for adults however we kept on top of panadol religiously and we also gave him some calamine lotion baths, we know hfm isn't itchy but did read calamine lotion is great for nappy rash sores etc so figured what's the harm. We definitly saw massive improvements in the blisters drying out after each bath. Worth a try?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loh4 For This Useful Post:

shellzand (22-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my friend's little one got this as a toddler (no daycare, just picked it up somewhere unknown) and passed it on to her DH. Unfortunately it was much worse for him, throat covered in blisters and longer recovery.

Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear. Try to rest as much as possible to give your body energy to heal and keep up the pain relief.

Don't give yourself the mummy guilts for using daycare either. It's really the luck of the draw with viruses like this. I've seen the dreaded 'note on the door' too many times to count with 10 years of 1-2 kids in childcare, yet somehow they dodge it (caught plenty of other things, just avoided HFM so far).