+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Capsule or 0-4 Car Seat

I would like advice on wether to go a capsule from birth to 12 months and then a 6m - 8years seat or a 0-4 car seat from birth. I know it is best practice to rear face as long as possible but I can see my turning them from once they get to abut 12 months so would like advice and guidance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’m hiring a capsule for a few months as I’m not sure if I or bub will like it (I find capsules heavy) and didn’t want the cost of a capsule and eventually car seat. I’ve already got a car seat on lay-buy due to the great sales at the moment.

My first bub never had a capsule.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Regulations have changed with seats from 6m to 8 years. They are now 12m to 8 years. It happened a few months ago. FYI

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a capsule for 1st bub maonly coz i though it would be good to be able to transfer to the pram but i found it really hard to get capsule and baby out of the car. Capsule was too heavy for me with bubba in it, couldnt carry or lift it, espesh with having had a caesar but even when id healed it was still really heavy. This time im getting a 0-4 car seat instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add, I’ve only known one friend to use a capsule for nearly 12 months, most only used one to around 4 months.

My first was in a 0-4 and now that I’m pregnant, that seat will go to bub and at age 2.5 he’ll go in a 1-8 seat.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yogis Mumma For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (20-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, same here my bubba didnt fit in the capsule after 4 months. And people say capsule are good coz you can bring them from car to inside and let them sleep but you're not supposed to leave them in a kinda upright curled position in a capsule for any longer than neccesary for safe sleeping guidelines. Basically capsule was only useful for car rides for about 4 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used a capsule for DS and i loved it. I found it great that i could transfer him to and from the car and the pram without having to get him out of the seat. Especially helpful when he had fallen asleep. He stayed in his capsule until he was 1 then we transferred him to a 0-4 seat. He is pretty small so we definitely got our moneys worth out of the capsule. I will use the capsule again if we have any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    with ds we got a 0-4 car seat. it was ok but transferring to/from car if he was asleep was a pain as he’d invariably wake up. with dd, we have bought a capsule. transferring the capsule when she’s asleep from the car indoors ensures she stays asleep so it’s great. obviously we won’t get as much mileage from it as ds’ seat but the convenience is worth it. the plan is to keep her in the capsule til she outgrows it then she gets ds’ seat (rf) and he will go up to a 5 point harness booster. i’m hoping to sell the capsule once dd is done with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went a 0-4 for my first but hired a capsule for my DD. It was really useful for daycare drop off and pick up as I didn’t have to worry about whether she fell asleep.

I only hired for 6 months and tbh it got a bit squishy towards the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a 0-4 for DS1 and had no problems with it. He was easy to transfer when asleep.
    DS2 was 5 weeks early and waaay to small for the same car seat so we had to buy a capsule suitable for prems. He’s still in it now at 11 months (and 11kgs) and has an inch or so left before he’ll size out.
    I found it really helpful, particularly for school drop offs and wish we had it first time round.