+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Strep B IVF

Hi ladies!

Are there any others out there who are tested for strep B before each ivf/FET cycle?

I tested positive before my last and was treated with antibiotics. The cycle was a bfn.

I’m doing a back to back cycle and have just found out I’ve tested positive again. So again am on antibiotics. I want to get tested again once I’ve finished the antibiotics and before transfer.

The nurse doesn’t think its a big concern, but a) why do they test otherwise? B) 10th transfer and I don’t need anything else working against me!

Interested to hear from those who have been tested during ivf and tested positive and whether you retested? And what your fs said about the testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't tested positive with this myself but i know of lots of ladies who have been prescribed a broad spectrum antiobiotic before transfer as a precaution. If it's something that will ease your mind and stop you from second guessing if you get a bfn, then i think you should push the for it. I sometimes found that explaining to fs/nurses that yes, i understood it may not be necessary but it would be really beneficial for my mental health if they could just do it for me anyway and explain how it affects you, i.e. trouble sleeping, ruminating, etc... Often they dont understand these aspects and just assume that you take no for an answer and never give it a second thought.
    Im also sorry that you've had such a hard time and so many transfers. Ive had that myself and took me 13 transfers, eventually using donor embryos until i got my take home baby. Stay strong and dint give up. Im wishing you all the baby dust in the world xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    I haven't tested positive with this myself but i know of lots of ladies who have been prescribed a broad spectrum antiobiotic before transfer as a precaution. If it's something that will ease your mind and stop you from second guessing if you get a bfn, then i think you should push the for it. I sometimes found that explaining to fs/nurses that yes, i understood it may not be necessary but it would be really beneficial for my mental health if they could just do it for me anyway and explain how it affects you, i.e. trouble sleeping, ruminating, etc... Often they dont understand these aspects and just assume that you take no for an answer and never give it a second thought.
    Im also sorry that you've had such a hard time and so many transfers. Ive had that myself and took me 13 transfers, eventually using donor embryos until i got my take home baby. Stay strong and dint give up. Im wishing you all the baby dust in the world xx
    Thanks lovely I should have said, I had my son from my 5th transfer. Congrats on your little one ❤️ I often use the ‘better for my mental health’ tactic- pretty hard for them to say no then! Yeah wondering whether I should take another antibiotic close to transfer- the colorado protocol I think it’s called?!

Interested to hear from any others who’ve tested positive too and what you did? whether your fs thought it could be a factor in failed transfers?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (17-06-2019)