+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did u turn your Bub to forward facing

Hey all just wondering when you usually turn Bub to forward facing in their car seat, my first born is nearly 7 now so I can’t remember when I turned him.
    Our second is usually in the middle placement of the back seats or behind the front passenger seat.
    When did u turn their seat to face the front?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When they reach the height marker (or in the case of my eldest, weight limit). In NSW, they legally have to forward face once they turn 4, in other states it's as long as they still sit under the line.

It's much safer to rearface as long as possible and I've found they always sleep better in the car on longer trips rearfacing, so I don't rush turning them around.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Calstar (17-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexxa View Post
    Hey all just wondering when you usually turn Bub to forward facing in their car seat, my first born is nearly 7 now so I can’t remember when I turned him.
    Our second is usually in the middle placement of the back seats or behind the front passenger seat.
    When did u turn their seat to face the front?
    The law is from 6mths and the current recommendation is 2years.
    I turned DS1 (nearly 7) around 9mths from memory. Ds2 (10mths) will go into his brothers Type G seat when he outgrows his capsule. He’s chunky (11kg), but still got about an inch or so before he maxes out the shoulder height marker. I figure we’ve got few more months.
    DS1 will move into a tethered booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ds was 19 months. we kept him RF for basically as long as he could fit. he’s tall and we felt it was time at 19 months. 6 months should be illegal. they’re way too tiny at 6 months to be FF. keep them RF for as long as possible. there’s really no reason to turn them around beforehand, they don’t know any different so why risk their lives by switching them round too early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 6 months that was early 2008

Ds2 8 months

Dd is still RF at 10 months but she is so squished up (tall kids). I’m turning her at 12 months as the regulations for the seat I am getting has changed from 6m to 8 years to 12months to 8 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD was 2 last month and is still RF. I think she’s getting close to the markers to turn though. I am keeping her RF as long as I possibly can. She’s pretty chilled in her seat. Has a mirror so she can see me in the reflection and is pretty sweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was rear facing until she hit the ‘must forward face’ marker on her ERF seat. She had just turned 3 at the time. She’s pretty tall so I’m happy we were able to get to 3. She’s almost 4 now and will soon need a new seat as she’s nearly outgrown all of the markets on her 0-4 convertible seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is tall and is still RF at almost 21 months. He still has room for the head support to go up one more ‘click’ before he reaches the line, so we will leave him until at least two, longer if possible. He’s not bothered by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default When did u turn your Bub to forward facing

DS’ seat is an extended rear facing seat which means up to 36 months. He’s now 2 years and 2 months (and tall) and getting close to the shoulder marker to forward face but I’m hoping we get to at least 2 years and 6 months RF. The longer that they fit RF, the safer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4.5 years old. We had been living in the UK for a couple of years where I had seat to enable rear facing up until 25kgs. As per the law I had to forward face him when we returned to Australia as he was over 4. My 2.5 year old is still rear facing and will do so also until he’s 4.