+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Mod-Uniquey, hate to do this to you, but you’re wrong. I just thought I’d check and no. You can’t put them in your recycling bin. But you can post them back or use one of their drop off points. IMG_7751.jpgIMG_7752.jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (16-06-2019),Mod-Uniquey (20-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    I like our Nespresso machine, sure my local makes better coffee but it’s a pretty good compromise.

We’ve tried a few different brands of pods and there are some pretty good ones.

Ours has a frother built in and I hate it, it doesn’t make the milk warm enough for me so I just pop my milk in the microwave then put on shot of coffee in.
    I was fed up with our Nespresso milk frothers dying all the time so got this one. It’s brilliant and you set the milk temp. I love it.
    https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/...k-Cafe-Frother

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have a Nespresso machine but s coffee subscription through urban brew. Soooo much cheaper and the pods are biodegradable so we throw them in our veggie garden.
    I am looking at possibly getting a new non pod machine though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our Nespresso was good, but we also got pods from other suppliers (pod and parcel etc).
    We've since got a non pod machine, but we drink a lot of coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, DH is insisting on trying to find one that doesn’t take pods because he prefers fresh ground coffee so he is looking at a Jura machine. Anyone have any info on this brand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @loodle - hi, Melbourne Coffee Snob here
    I’m with your hubby, pods are inferior to fresh ground coffee!
    We have a Breville at home because most baristas have recommended the brand for at-home machines to me! Features then depend on budget, more or less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We started with a capsule machine but switched to reduce the environmental impact. Bench space is a premium in our unrenovated kitchen, so we got this

https://www.myer.com.au/p/delonghi-e...EaAipNEALw_wcB

It's so easy to use (we don't have frothed milk, just heat it in the cup in the microwave first but the wand works well with a small jug) and takes about 5 seconds longer than loading a pod. It seems to be much less fussy about correct tamping than other more expensive/larger machines that I've used - especially FIL's Breville. It also uses less grounds per serve than his, but somehow pulls out richer flavour (hate the brand he uses though, so it could be that).

We get a fancy single origin of coffee from My Cuppa which, even when splurging on the fancy stuff, just costs a few cents per cup.

My brother has a fully auto machine with built in grinder worth 10x the price (they got it 12 months old when his work was upgrading.) It could be the beans he uses, but I'm not 10x more impressed by the coffee taste from it. So for now very happy with our little machine, coming up to 4 years old and still going strong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont like pod machines. We have a 13 year old delonghi and we buy whatever ground coffee we want. It has a frother. Hasn't let us down in 13 years- it was a wedding present and we use it multiple times every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I was fed up with our Nespresso milk frothers dying all the time so got this one. It’s brilliant and you set the milk temp. I love it.
    https://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/...k-Cafe-Frother
    I’ve had the same one for at least 8 years, it’s become a bit quirky but still does the job and goes in the dishwasher.

and another Nespresso user here, I’m on my 2nd machine and the coffee plus milk from this frother is excellent. I like the purple pods. And I also recently found out about the recycling and I’m looking into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would this be a good starter machine? IMG_0453.jpg