+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tell me about your coffee machine

I am thinking of asking for a capsule coffee machine for my birthday because honestly I spend too much money on lattes but there are soooo many out there! I want one that will do a big cup or 2 regular cups and froths milk and I would prefer one that doesn’t cost a small fortune in case I don’t like it. What coffee machines do you use and what ones would you recommend or stay away from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the Nespresso ones - they come in varying price brackets. I’m on my third I prefer the ones with a separate milk frother so yo can buy a replacement one if it breaks. I’ve never had a coffee machine break but the milk frothers last maybe 12-18 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s worth considering which pods you like as different machine take different sized pods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Machines aren't worth it, no pod does really nice coffee and the pods are bad for the environment.
    I have a moka pot, it's an espresso pot that goes on the stove produces espresso I think better quality than any home machine with normal coffee.
    It costs about $30 from kitchen shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    Machines aren't worth it, no pod does really nice coffee and the pods are bad for the environment.
    I have a moka pot, it's an espresso pot that goes on the stove produces espresso I think better quality than any home machine with normal coffee.
    It costs about $30 from kitchen shops.
    i tend to agree with this. the pods aren’t cheap either.

we got rid of our machine. dh wants an aeropress. i don’t know much about how they work but i don’t think they use pods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your coffee machine

Another Nespresso fan. Their after service is top level too. We had an issue with our machine just before warranty expired. They sent us a borrow machine, paid all transport charges and when the part for ours was going to take 2 weeks to get here, (should have been without it maybe 4 weeks total) they said that wasn’t fast enough so sent us a whole new machine! If you get one that has the old pod design you can get urban brew capsules which are as good as Nespresso, cheaper and are fully biodegradable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like our Nespresso machine, sure my local makes better coffee but it’s a pretty good compromise.

We’ve tried a few different brands of pods and there are some pretty good ones.

Ours has a frother built in and I hate it, it doesn’t make the milk warm enough for me so I just pop my milk in the microwave then put on shot of coffee in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don’t drink coffee but my aunt likes her aldi one she recently bought plus heaps to choose from coffee wise with pods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have a Nespresso too. I’d love a ‘proper’ Barista worthy machine, but this is a good compromise being that I’m the only person in the house who drinks coffee.

I have the machine with the built in frother, though you can take it off (don’t need to use it).
    Had it for a while now, no issues as all, it’s as good as new.

*Just as aside.. the pods can be recycled*, just pop them in your recycling bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    *Just as aside.. the pods can be recycled*, just pop them in your recycling bin.
    Is that a new thing? When we bought you couldn’t just put them in the recycling, but there was a shop here you could take them and they were sent back to nespresso for cleaning/removing coffee and recycled. But that shop shut so can’t anymore. That’s one reason we switched to urban brew pods.