Quote Originally Posted by amiracle4me View Post
Jeez woman.. how do you do back to back and still parent your son? I’m sucking at parenting and IVF together

We went away for the weekend and I took both tests there. My poor kid had a mother that was emotionally irritable and snappy. It’s made me sad that IVF is distracting me from being present and therefore parenting. It’s because we literally have to pee on a stick, feel upset and then ten seconds later I’m having to talk about unicorns or something. I feel she gets the short straw with all this
I understand what you mean. It’s hard ❤️ The journey is completely consuming and I often feel like I’m not present. I think I need a hobby- one that requires me to use my hands so that I can’t google in my free time I’m also considering seeing the clinic psych this time around to see if she has any ideas on how to compartmentalise.

When I’m not having a conversation with someone requiring me to think about something other than ivf, I find I am constantly running through ivf stuff in my head. All.the.time. So for me taking a break would probably make me even more crazy- I’d be thinking about it and knowing I wasn’t currently doing anything about the situation and then be even more frustrated!

I’m also still on unpaid maternity leave so I want to be as proactive as I can while I don’t have work commitments to get in the way of ivf.