+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just tried to message you about your diary post. Good luck for Monday.

As for the midwife, im surprised they didn't tell you from the start. The group midwife mode of care is generally for those that want a low intervention, more natural birth, which is why she isn't saying she will give you an epi straight up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

LoveMyWay (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    An induction isn’t a low intervention and natural birth. Push for that epi if that’s what you want. You’re the one giving birth, not the midwife.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

greeneyes81 (18-07-2019),LoveMyWay (18-07-2019),MuMtORiLeYandLeO (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    An induction isn’t a low intervention and natural birth. Push for that epi if that’s what you want. You’re the one giving birth, not the midwife.
    i would agree with this. they can’t refuse it if that’s what you want. you’re being induced and baby is big, i would definitely be pushing for an epidural.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

greeneyes81 (18-07-2019),MuMtORiLeYandLeO (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know, that's not what I meant. Everyone should get the birth they want.

What I meant was, you don't generally go for MGP if you straight up want all of the pain medication.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Calstar (18-07-2019),Mum-I-Am (18-07-2019),smallpotatoes (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Oh I know, that's not what I meant. Everyone should get the birth they want.

What I meant was, you don't generally go for MGP if you straight up want all of the pain medication.
    I understand what you meant to. I was thinking now though that the MGP is out the window as an induction is on the cards.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

MuMtORiLeYandLeO (18-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand what you meant to. I was thinking now though that the MGP is out the window as an induction is on the cards.
    Maybe not. There was talk of an induction for me if DS didn't come soon but no talk of transferring my care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks guys, I actually don’t know how to make it so I can read my messages, but I’ll try and look into it.

Yeah no one told me anything, as I was registering myself online for the hospital it just asked if I wanted to be cared for by the midwife group or whatever it’s called, to me it just expressed that there was more care and support.

I mean if it were a natural birth and it was short then sure but now that it’s being upgraded to an induction along with a suspected large baby, I just don’t feel that supported, I mean I’m the one going through it not her. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would straight up tell them you want pain relief if it's going to be an induction, ask to speak to an anaesthetist about your options. Skip the midwife, they are almost by definition more inclined to gently or-not-so-gently push against any intervention, including pain relief. Once you've spoken to the people who actually administer pain relief, then you can make an informed decision based on your circumstances, other people's experiences are so varied.

I haven't had pain relief previously but given that i remember the pain well I'm feeling less earth-motherish this time and also considering options. I'm convinced that if men were the ones giving birth there'd be a far more civilised way to go about it without increasing risks 🙄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalina View Post
    I would straight up tell them you want pain relief if it's going to be an induction, ask to speak to an anaesthetist about your options. Skip the midwife, they are almost by definition more inclined to gently or-not-so-gently push against any intervention, including pain relief. Once you've spoken to the people who actually administer pain relief, then you can make an informed decision based on your circumstances, other people's experiences are so varied.

I haven't had pain relief previously but given that i remember the pain well I'm feeling less earth-motherish this time and also considering options. I'm convinced that if men were the ones giving birth there'd be a far more civilised way to go about it without increasing risks
    I don’t know how I would go about talking to the anaesthetist. I was thinking the other day if men were the ones giving birth, I’m sure most of them would have a vasectomy afterwards because they wouldn’t be able to handle that pain and drama more than once and the population would decrease. That’s why us women have to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do I have to be stuck with this midwife now aswell, is there anyway of just going in there and not including her, problem is, she’s booked it and so she is going to be there now I think. If I could make myself go into labour now I would..