+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuMtORiLeYandLeO View Post
    Thanks guys, I actually don’t know how to make it so I can read my messages, but I’ll try and look into it.

Yeah no one told me anything, as I was registering myself online for the hospital it just asked if I wanted to be cared for by the midwife group or whatever it’s called, to me it just expressed that there was more care and support.

I mean if it were a natural birth and it was short then sure but now that it’s being upgraded to an induction along with a suspected large baby, I just don’t feel that supported, I mean I’m the one going through it not her. 🤷‍♀️
    I tried to send you a pm but it comes up with a message that you’ve decided not to accept pms. If you want to change this perhaps speak to a Mod - id love to send it through x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KJane13 For This Useful Post:

MuMtORiLeYandLeO (19-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I understand what you meant to. I was thinking now though that the MGP is out the window as an induction is on the cards.
    I had two inductions and remained under MGP care, just FYI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I had two inductions and remained under MGP care, just FYI
    I was so close to an induction with my first (was booked, but went into labour naturally the night before) and I would’ve been in the standard maternity ward to be induced & deliver. But my MGP midwife would’ve been with me, and I would still be in the care of MGP for post natal care etc.

Same works if you need assistance at any time, like if things aren’t progressing in the way MGP is based, they’ll move you to a standard delivery suite to get the assistance - happened with me as needed assisted delivery...only a little walk down the corridor.

OP, I wonder if it was just a bit of miscommunication/difference in tone etc.
    Perhaps your midwife was saying what she said as that’s how the MGP care works...hands off style.
    You can most certainly ask for what you feel you need.
    I guess maybe the fact you’ve chosen MGP, she was of the belief you were looking for that ‘hands off’ approach...so was saying we’ll see how you go because of that.

I had to be induced, with my second baby, for different reasons (although my baby was big) and didn’t feel the need for any pain relief until the very end when my contractions were very on top of each other, when I had a bit of G&A... But then my pain threshold is weirdly high, and you’d know yours.
    Ultimately, you can ask for what you feel you need. I’d just guess the midwife was just trying to help given the care you’ve chosen.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (19-07-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJane13 View Post
    I tried to send you a pm but it comes up with a message that you’ve decided not to accept pms. If you want to change this perhaps speak to a Mod - id love to send it through x
    Ok will do, I think I tried to change it back once but might be different on a mobile. I’ll try on my laptop now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I was so close to an induction with my first (was booked, but went into labour naturally the night before) and I would’ve been in the standard maternity ward to be induced & deliver. But my MGP midwife would’ve been with me, and I would still be in the care of MGP for post natal care etc.

Same works if you need assistance at any time, like if things aren’t progressing in the way MGP is based, they’ll move you to a standard delivery suite to get the assistance - happened with me as needed assisted delivery...only a little walk down the corridor.

OP, I wonder if it was just a bit of miscommunication/difference in tone etc.
    Perhaps your midwife was saying what she said as that’s how the MGP care works...hands off style.
    You can most certainly ask for what you feel you need.
    I guess maybe the fact you’ve chosen MGP, she was of the belief you were looking for that ‘hands off’ approach...so was saying we’ll see how you go because of that.

I had to be induced, with my second baby, for different reasons (although my baby was big) and didn’t feel the need for any pain relief until the very end when my contractions were very on top of each other, when I had a bit of G&A... But then my pain threshold is weirdly high, and you’d know yours.
    Ultimately, you can ask for what you feel you need. I’d just guess the midwife was just trying to help given the care you’ve chosen.
    Ok thanks, well maybe there was some confusion. To me, I had no Idea it was a hands off gentle approach style. The description was just that there would be more of a support system should I need it, like someone to talk to since my support system is low, so I guess I didn’t know what I was getting into. I will be demanding the drugs though and if she says we’ll see, I will walk out of the room and find someone who will listen!!