+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to it all!

Hi all,

New to bubhub but very excited to be apart of such a wonderful and enlightening community.

Im 28 and have been happily married to my best friend for 5 years. We live in rural vic on small property and are hoping to start a family in the very near future.

For the past 3 years we haven’t used any form of contraception but also haven’t been TTC, if it happened it happened. From an early age i always new i wanted kids... alot of kids.

There are a few issues that i face personally and also with my husband. I talk alot, but when it becomes a personal issue i tend to hide and so does my husband. He struggles with change and starts feeling overwhelmed when we start talking in-depth about babies. He has no issues with an actual baby but struggles with words. I also have very irregular cycle which hasn’t really helped and to be honest i dont understand alot of whats going on or am scarred that im doing something wrong.

Basically thats us in a nutshell, i cant wait to talk with you all and share in you discussions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi KrissyJane and welcome to Bubhub.

Feel free to join in on any discussions as there is bound to be like minded Mums (and Dad's) who would love to talk to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,dear Krissy! I know this is a bit late post of mine. ButI believe it's time to seriously turn to dr and do investigations onthe point. Youmay have a general physical exam, andaregular gynecological exam. Specific fertility tests mayinclude:
    Ovulationtesting. Ablood test measures hormone levels to determine whether you'reovulating. Hysterosalpingographyevaluatesthe condition of your uterus and fallopian tubes and looks forblockages or other problems. X-ray contrast is injected into youruterus, and an X-ray is taken to determine if the cavity is normaland ensure the fluid spills out of your fallopian tubes. Ovarianreserve testing. Thistesting helps determine the quality and quantity of the eggsavailable for ovulation. This approach often begins with hormonetesting early in the menstrual cycle. Other hormone tests checklevels of ovulatory hormones, as well as pituitary hormones thatcontrol reproductive processes. Pelvic ultrasound looks for uterineor fallopian tube disease. Sometimes a hysterosonography is used tosee details inside the uterus that are not seen on a regularultrasound.
    Dependingon your situation, rarely your testing may include:Hysteroscopy. Basedon your symptoms, your doctor may request a hysteroscopy to look foruterine or fallopian tube disease. During hysteroscopy, your doctorinserts a thin, lighted device through your cervix into your uterusto view any potential abnormalities. Laparoscopy. Thisminimally invasive surgery involves making a small incision beneathyour navel and inserting a thin viewing device to examine yourfallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus. A laparoscopy may identifyendometriosis, scarring, blockages or irregularities of the fallopiantubes, and problems with the ovaries and uterus. Genetictesting. Genetictesting helps determine whether there's a genetic defect causinginfertility.
    Noteveryone needs to have all, or even many, of these tests beforefertility issue is found. Yourdoctor will decide which tests you will have and when.