+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Surfers Paradise Resorts

My boys would love to visit surfers paradise and the theme parks.
    Can anyone please recommend a resort that is-
    *close to the beach
    *nice tropical looking pool/s (maybe heated if cooler months)
    *kid friendly
    *kitchen facilities
    *well priced

Is traveling in January a bad idea?? I’m planning to go when my oldest starts high school so I don’t want him to miss out on school.
    I don’t think March / September school holidays would be hot enough for us to swim (or would it?)

Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Surfers Paradise Resorts

We’re planning a Marriott surfers paradise visit in August. There’s a good deal on luxury escapes at the moment for 3,4 or 5 nights.
    The pool looks amazing. There’s kids activities.
    It’s a hotel rather than apartments. The current deal includes breakfast.
    3 min walk to the beach.
    ETA I think the deal goes until May 2020

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So no cooking facilities?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Following. We might be going later this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd suggest Seaworld Nara, I stayed there a couple of times with ex gf, it doesn't have kitchen facilities, but found it priced well, beach is close by, it's in a theme park, can go past that.

Pools are great, but unsure if they are heated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turtle Beach Resorts
    We stayed their last time we went and our children had an amazing time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Is traveling in January a bad idea?? I’m planning to go when my oldest starts high school so I don’t want him to miss out on school.
    I don’t think March / September school holidays would be hot enough for us to swim (or would it?)

Thanks xx
    I can't recommend a resort, but just wanted to say that January will be busy, so it comes down to how much crowds bother you. Having said that, we've stayed on the Gold Coast and gone to theme parks in December and it was fine.

If you live in a cool climate, I think that September or March would be fine weather wise. We used to live in Canberra and the kids were happy to go swimming in August when we came back to visit family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Turtle beach is fantastic though the pools aren’t heated enough in winter to tempt me, but the kids still swim. In the warmer months it doesn’t matter. They’re quite reasonably priced, with kitchen facilities and a lounge room etc. I like it as I save heaps of money on food by cooking myself. It has 3 pools and a water park. 10 min walk from the beach. Kids club is great.

I’ve stayed at paradise resort too. Rooms aren’t as nice and no kitchen facilities. I had a kids eat free meal if an adult ordered a main meal. By the end of the week I wanted to vomit looking at the menu. Heaps of activities for the kids every minute of the day, it just depends if your kids are joiners or not. Kids club is huge and in my opinion a little overwhelming for them. It was included in room price but they hated going, whereas at turtle beach they couldn’t get enough. 1 pool, 2 water play area (big kids and little kids).

I’ve also stayed at Marriott. The pool are is AMAZING. Mind blowing. There’s a beach style pool where you can snorkel with the fish. Water falls, and caves. Winding pool with bridges. Rooms standard 5 star hotel. No kitchen area and we just ate out or had pizza delivered.

I like the Marriott the best, but my kids liked Turtle Beach, which is the cheapest of the 3. The best thing about turtle beach was it had a washer and drier, so I came home with a suitcase of clean clothes! You need washing powder though, they only supply a small amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are going in June and it will be warm enough for a heated pool-just. Easter or Sept would be perfect. January too busy, I think. We stay at Paradise resort. It is very old and a bit run down now. But the kids still love it. You could get an apartment if you want to self cater, but if you want a resort, you might only be able to get a microwave, kettle, mini fridge and sink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently stayed the Ruby resort which is the new accomodation at Paradise Resort.

It has a full kitchen and laundry and you can go in and out of paradise resort as much as you like. Great pool. Our kids loved it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to two souls For This Useful Post:

our4boys (02-06-2019)