+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HPTs not getting darker

Hi ladies,
    I’m new to this forum and was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light and ease my mind on this matter.
    Hubby and I were married late last year and have been ttc. I started tracking my ovulation using OPKs a few months ago and finally got my BFP this week on a frer. I got a very very very faint line at 10dpo (real squinter in the right light and at the right angle), 5 days before I was expecting AF. I tested again the next morning (yesterday morning at 11dpo) using frer and clear blue and it was a faint line but I didn’t need to squint to see it. I bought a clear blue digital during my lunch break and it came up as pregnant 1-2 weeks. I decided to test again last night using a frer (I know, talk about a POAS Addict right?) and noticed that the line was a little bit darker than the am test using my fmu. All well and good at this point.
    This morning I woke up and of course, being the addict that I am, I tested again with my last frer. It seems that the line is marginally lighter than my one from last night though and it has me a little worried. I did notice however that the control line from last night’s test is thicker and darker than the one from this morning so would this have an impact on the test lines? Was there more dye in last night’s test, producing a darker test line?
    Sorry for the long post ladies, and sorry if it’s a silly question. I’ve just wanted this so badly I’m so scared something is going to go wrong... I really should stop reading articles and statistics about pregnancy and miscarriages, it’s scaring the hell out of me 😭 Fx it’s a sticky little one though 💓

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CD’s wifey For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (25-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there and congratulations! Regarding hpt's the lines can vary day to day based on your metabolism, how much water you've drank, how active you've been, whether you drink and eat more each day, different test sticks etc.. etc... so its pretty normal to have a bit of variation. Its a good sign if you're getting lines and they are not fading dramamtically. Oh and also if you test at different times each day. I know the tests say use fmu but lots of us, myself included always get darker lines in the afternoon. Best thing to do to ease your mind is to see a gp, get a blood test to check hcg beta and then another blood test 2 days later. Your hcg should double over those 2 days. This will give you a better idea of how the pregnancy is going xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much! And thank you for replying. That makes me feel a lot better. I’ll be going to get a blood test done on Monday 🤗 Thank you again 💓

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CD’s wifey For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (25-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You're very welcome xx You always think once i just finally get 2 pink lines everything will be perfect lol but the worrying never ends! Good luck for Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Testing so close together with hpt is a recipe for stress. They really aren't excessively sensitive/accurate in the way they're testing, least of all with the fact that it uses urinalysis.
    Your urine will have different levels of concentration based on your hydration and a few other factors, so it can vary. That's why they suggest fmu, it tends to be more concentrated. But if you peed last sooner, or drank more water or had water in the night etc, it can influence it

Sent from my ALP-L29 using The Bub Hub mobile app