+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. No judgement whatsoever from me, it's a awful situation and decision to have to consider. Hugs to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTice91 View Post
    We have seen a genetic counsellor we just found out my son has Fragile x and im a carrier so its 50/50 chance this baby will have it too and we are devastated. We do not conceive easily and its been a struggle so the fact we are possibly facing termination is heart breaking. Please no judgment on termination it is not an easy decision
    No judgement at all. Thinking of you. When is your test? Vent in here all you need xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one at 12 weeks as I have a genetic issue and got pregnant with an untested (PGD) embryo. The risk of the baby having something terrible and likely having to make a difficult decision and terminate, was 50:50.

The procedure itself was simple and fairly pain free. The worst bit was the anticipation. They gave me a local and then I felt nothing. It was over very quickly. I went to a well regarded place, and as others have said, the risk of miscarriage really depends on the experience of the dr and where the placenta is. Make sure you find a place and dr you are happy with.
    With getting the results, it was a brutal 10 days waiting. Thankfully ours came back fine but it could have very easily gone the other way. I did my best to distract myself in the mean time but also I spent a good deal of time remaining myself it was out of my hands... Letting go of that makes sense. Again this was not easy but it did help me mentally. So for example, each morning I would wake up and say to myself 'i won't know the results today, I can't change the results whatever they are, so I am just going to try and get on with the day and have as good a day as possoble'.

I really wish you all the best and that your results come back good. I'm so sorry you are going through this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, its booked for the 20th June. Starting to get nervous