+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did this with my first in the very early days. I didn't have covers or anything near us and I never once dropped him, I would wake if he moved. But I'm not recommending it for anyone else just saying we did it. With my second I was prepared and had a side rail on the bed and we did lots of side lying breastfeeding. Maybe my third will sleep in the bassinet haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (27-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I keep doing this too. It happened with no2 as well.....and I did let him slip. Thankfully, it was during the day, df was there and he caught him.

I don't know how to fix it. I try so hard to not be comfortable when burping Mr A... but I've fallen asleep briefly a coupe of times already. The first time when I woke up I cried because df moved him, ds2 had climbed into my lap and was climbing off, I felt him getting off and just grabbed at him, got his arm and thought I had A by the arm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    well dd has been sleeping through lately so thankfully this is less of a problem. she woke night before last for a feed at 3:30am but because i feel more rested, there wasn’t as much temptation to fall asleep. i also used my phone which keeps me awake.

i was holding dd on the couch yesterday evening though and she does this sideways dive thing. anyway she leapt off and i almost dropped her!!! just about died. she would’ve landed on the couch but still. frightened the bejesus out of me. more so the potential for what if should it happen while i’m carrying her on the stairs or over a hard floor etc. i always hold her with both arms when we are walking around though, for that reason!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (28-05-2019),EnchantedGrace (28-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before getting a nest for co-sleeping, we let our LO fall asleep on us. I don't think it does any harm and also it is valuable contact with your child. I've been reading a book called 'The Science of Parenting' and it says that babies are no different to baby animals in that they need to be close to mum to feel safe and secure just like baby animals, and it releases hormones in the baby that stimulate brain development (I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to child development).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to october and april For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (14-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by october and april View Post
    Before getting a nest for co-sleeping, we let our LO fall asleep on us. I don't think it does any harm and also it is valuable contact with your child. I've been reading a book called 'The Science of Parenting' and it says that babies are no different to baby animals in that they need to be close to mum to feel safe and secure just like baby animals, and it releases hormones in the baby that stimulate brain development (I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to child development).
    I love reading up on developmental theories too.
    It was touched on at high school in psychology, but also covered when I studied children's services. It has to be one of my favorite things to read up on, and understand why babies or children are doing the things they do.
    Things like the wonder weeks are great for a generic overview, but to go back to ground level, and read about the studdies and why they do things... yep. Call me a nerd too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedGrace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    i’m certain if it wasn’t crucial to their development in some way, they wouldn’t do it. the fact they do it and settle so easily and quickly on mum/dad’s chest suggests it’s important to their brains somehow. it’s a nice little added bonus to the snuggles. even more reason to cuddle your babies 🥰🥰

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

EnchantedGrace (14-06-2019)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also read it's much safer lying down on a flat surface (bed) with all pillows and bedding away from the baby. You could try lying down next to her and bfing while lying on your side if you can manage it. That's how I co-slept with ds when he was a newborn.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post: