+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ERA- for ttc#2 ivf?!

Hi ladies,

We got pregnant with DS on ivf#7 (transfer #5), but also had 3 other ivf pregnancies during that time. We’re currently ttc baby #2 and have had 2 chemical pregnancies with PGS embryos.

We’ve already got an appt with Dr M booked for June and my FS is throwing a few extra things at us this FET cycle.

The one thing I haven’t asked about is doing an ERA as I assumed because the timing worked for my DS and also for other ivf pregnancies to occur that it was okay.

But now I’m wondering whether an ERA would be a good idea? Has anyone been recommended it after chemical pregnancies? Or have you only been recommended it for recurrent implantation failure? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve had four transfers in total and two of those were chemicals. Before my last transfer, my FS suggested doing ERA as it’s pretty much the only thing we hadn’t done yet. I don’t know whether it was that or the fact that I had quit my (toxic) job, but I got pregnant! That pregnancy unfortunately ended up as a blighted ovum at 7.5 weeks but it was the closest I’d ever gotten. It is quite expensive, but I felt that in the greater scheme of things, it was worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Akara View Post
    I’ve had four transfers in total and two of those were chemicals. Before my last transfer, my FS suggested doing ERA as it’s pretty much the only thing we hadn’t done yet. I don’t know whether it was that or the fact that I had quit my (toxic) job, but I got pregnant! That pregnancy unfortunately ended up as a blighted ovum at 7.5 weeks but it was the closest I’d ever gotten. It is quite expensive, but I felt that in the greater scheme of things, it was worth it.
    Thanks for your reply and I’m sorry to hear about your chemicals and blighted ovum. Hopefully the next one will be the one What were your ERA results?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Akara (18-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The result came back that I have to transfer on day 6 of ovulation and as late in the day as possible. All my previous transfers were done before this and in the morning. I find it so incredibly fascinating that they can pinpoint the best time to transfer! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Akara View Post
    The result came back that I have to transfer on day 6 of ovulation and as late in the day as possible. All my previous transfers were done before this and in the morning. I find it so incredibly fascinating that they can pinpoint the best time to transfer! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!
    That’s really interesting, thank you. I had been wondering whether a chemical pregnancy meant that the timing of transfer was appropriate but I guess your ERA proves that’s not the case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DS on IVF transfer #2. It took another #7 transfer for my DD. I asked my FS about an ERA after multiple failures when trying for our 2nd baby and he said that the implantation window doesn’t change so because I already had a successful pregnancy we know that the timing is right. Therefore no ERA needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
    I had my DS on IVF transfer #2. It took another #7 transfer for my DD. I asked my FS about an ERA after multiple failures when trying for our 2nd baby and he said that the implantation window doesn’t change so because I already had a successful pregnancy we know that the timing is right. Therefore no ERA needed.
    Thanks for your reply! That’s really good to know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful137 For This Useful Post:

Finnigan (19-05-2019)