+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i’ve come downstairs and dh has set up an indoor picnic. he’s got the little toadstool lamp i bought ds and a picnic rug and even had forest sounds playing over the speakers. unexpected and very sweet so i’m impressed 🥰🥰🥰
    Aww that's so sweet!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (12-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    a bit unfair you end up cooking for everyone when you’re so heavily pregnant!! plus it’s your last weekend before bub arrives! try and get some down time too!!
    🤷‍♀️ it is what it is.

Mum and sil will help with the kids and veggies. Sil and bro or df will do the dishes... so I'm basically only putting the meat in the oven, making the gravy and cheese sauce, and helping serve it up.

Everyone will also pitch in to give me rest after bubba comes... so I'm not too concerned.
    Mum will stay here, or take 1 or both boys to her house occasionally in the first few weeks... sil will help out where she can.

At least until I'm mobile and able to manage things on my own. Which, by 2-3 weeks last times I was fine. About 8-10 days post ds2, I walked the boys to the bus stop (500m??) Took the bus down the street, did shopping, (df was working, at the supermarket) then we came home with him. It was slow but I did it. I was off all pain meds upon release with both. I'm hoping I bounce back as well this time....🤞

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (12-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Work and a quick call to mum, since they are away for the weekend, Ex wanted son till tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apart from DS2 being sick with a tummy bug, I’ve had a lovely day.

The high tea was beautiful. Then we had a look in Big W and came home where I relaxed for a little while then I got stuck into baking up a storm while listening to Garth Brooks and singing my heart out lol. I’m about to strip my bed and make it with clean sheets so I can sleep in luxury tonight with clean sheets, clean pyjamas and shaved legs. AND I’ll get to have some of my new T2 night tea out of my tea for one set while reading Diary Of A Crap Housewife. Bliss.

We were going to have spag bol for dinner but I think we might get fish and chips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I’m feeling very lucky this year. I’ve had my first Mother’s Day off work in 3 years and spent a lazy (ish) Sunday at home, dp cooked us all a big brunch of bacon, eggs, mushrooms etc. and a nice beef stew for dinner. I’m making a self saucing pudding for dessert. The kids made me a card and have been well behaved all day. Dp got me a big crystal (I have a growing collection) it wasn’t the one I specifically said I was after but I wasn’t going to complain haha.
    But I’ve had to do a lot of washing thanks to the dogs, peeing on their bed & floor, and our new puppy gifted me with a hole in my dressing gown and chewed on my shoe. Dp has been busy trying to puppy proof our yard. Oh well can’t win them all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mother's Day - plans/chat

My day started with a sleep in as DH got up with DD then when she came to wake me she gave me my card & said “happy birthday Mumma” lol such a cutie. I said that’s next week I got a beautiful new coffee cup (which I wanted) that she had decorated herself & bacon & eggs for breakfast. We watched movies & DH cooked roast lamb & veggies for me & his mum for dinner, was a lovely day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had such a beautiful day! I got a 15 minute sleep in with both kids sleeping until 6:15 instead of their usual 6am start I opened my presents then hubby set them up with iPads in the lounge room and we went back to bed and watched an episode of Lost I got very spoiled, I got one of those infinity symbol necklaces with both kids names on it, a jumper (which I chose and told hubby I’d get it for Mother’s Day), a trinket box from the school stall, and some lovely cards / drawings made by the kids.

ILs came over for morning tea and hubby and DD baked scones (my favourite) then we went for a walk / bike ride with the kids and ILs. It was amazing in the sun!

We had such a delicious, crap food lunch dinosaur shaped nuggets, frozen sausage rolls and potato gems. Then chilled out while DS napped. Then we went to the park late this arvo, got home and bathed the kids and then had Mexican delivered through Uber eats.

My parents are away this weekend, they booked flights to visit my brother interstate before realizing it was Mother’s Day weekend so we might catch up with them next weekend to celebrate Mum