+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure @Boxergirl - I’ll PM you.

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with MIVF - so frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PyPy View Post
    Sure @Boxergirl - I’ll PM you.

I’m so sorry to hear about your experience with MIVF - so frustrating.
    Thank you! Think you need a certain amount of posts to send/receive pm’s!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Boxergirl what happened? I’m sorry to hear that the cycle wasn’t a success

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PyPy View Post
    Hi @BBBB

I hope that all is going well on your journey.

When we first started looking at IVF clinics in 2018 we thought we would go with Rainbow Fertility but after meeting with them, they just were not the right fit for us.

We ended up going with MIVF and could not be happier. Loved our FS, who is a member of our community, and her team were brilliant. We are currently pregnant after our first IVF cycle.

I have several friends at Monash IVF who also love their FS.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat about other clinics.

Cheers
    PyPy
    Thanks PyPy!

That's such exciting news about your pregnancy on the first cycle! Very happy for you and hope it's all going well

We've ended up staying with CFC Melbourne and it's largely positive. I think it's more that sometimes their processes are clear to them and super confusing to everyone else They're generally pretty lovely to deal with, just occasionally you realise the model is made for straight couples and they're fitting you into it. Keep seeing other queers in the waiting room though

We're just in the quagmire of getting funding arranged from my super, and if it gets sorted in the next day or two then I'll be starting a stim cycle at the end of the week! If not, then next month.

We're not looking at implanting right away ( ) because there's a few too many life factors we want to get sorted (mostly our schedules of work and study ugh) but wanting to (hopefully) get some embryos in the freezer ASAP since I'm nearly 39 and then probably look to start trying to get preggers in most likely in November.

Mostly we're just crossing fingers for some hopeful results of my stim cycle and we'll keep working out our plan from there.

How's everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    @Boxergirl what happened? I’m sorry to hear that the cycle wasn’t a success
    Prob not as disastrous as I initially made out (🤪) as the 3 that fertilised have thank god made to to freeze for PGD biopsy. Just feel that the cycle was a bit rushed and we had a big drop in fertilisation rates..

Hope all is well with your little family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBB View Post
    Thanks PyPy!

That's such exciting news about your pregnancy on the first cycle! Very happy for you and hope it's all going well

We've ended up staying with CFC Melbourne and it's largely positive. I think it's more that sometimes their processes are clear to them and super confusing to everyone else They're generally pretty lovely to deal with, just occasionally you realise the model is made for straight couples and they're fitting you into it. Keep seeing other queers in the waiting room though

We're just in the quagmire of getting funding arranged from my super, and if it gets sorted in the next day or two then I'll be starting a stim cycle at the end of the week! If not, then next month.

We're not looking at implanting right away ( ) because there's a few too many life factors we want to get sorted (mostly our schedules of work and study ugh) but wanting to (hopefully) get some embryos in the freezer ASAP since I'm nearly 39 and then probably look to start trying to get preggers in most likely in November.

Mostly we're just crossing fingers for some hopeful results of my stim cycle and we'll keep working out our plan from there.

How's everyone else going?
    We are old hands at accessing our super to pay for treatment, so any help - yell out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

BBBB (19-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    We are old hands at accessing our super to pay for treatment, so any help - yell out.
    Thank you! I've finally submitted everything so

Sorry your cycle was hard and tumultuous, by the sounds. Three to freeze is still exciting...hope the PGD yields good results for you xxxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl (20-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Less than 2 weeks until eviction date for us! Baby boy will be here super soon!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

Boxergirl (20-06-2019),gorgeousgeorge (19-06-2019),TandR (20-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    Prob not as disastrous as I initially made out (🤪) as the 3 that fertilised have thank god made to to freeze for PGD biopsy. Just feel that the cycle was a bit rushed and we had a big drop in fertilisation rates..

Hope all is well with your little family
    That’s not bad at all hahaha. I was expecting a completely different outcome but that’s pretty impressive! I mean I’m not sure what the numbers looked like to begin with but I know the drop can seem huge so forgetting all that for second, 3 to potentially use is great!

We are doing well! I gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Monday who is now settling into her life with her two wonderful dads! It was a beautiful experience and it’s been amazing watching their little family bonding and just smothering each other with love haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Less than 2 weeks until eviction date for us! Baby boy will be here super soon!
    That’s super exciting!! Are you all set and ready to go? Wishing you a smooth birth experience!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

gillpill (29-06-2019),JustJaq (29-06-2019),TandR (29-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering how you were going, @TortoiseNotTheHare. I remembered the discussion about the IP and access into the hospital. Sounds like it all turned out well and you had a great experience. Wonderful thing that you did for the IPs.
    I'll be having a scheduled cs next week, so not long until bub is here!