+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for this! I feel in so many ways like this kind of family growing is still so new in the world that it's like there's no template to follow or no one we can talk it through with, so I appreciate beyond words hearing your stories and experiences.

I think that's amazing, the three different experiences with creating babies that you've had and are having (carrying altruistically is incredibly beautiful of you) and the difference seems to be knowing that the baby is yours, whether carried or not, bio-related or not...and that's so reassuring and lovely to hear.

We go around in circles a little bit. Like there's no way I would doubt that my partner's biological baby was ours, but at the same time, having a niece I adore and having lost my dad pretty traumatically some years back, there's another strange draw I have to having a child that's biologically linked to them which I'm trying to unravel.

Then my partner is also absolutely down for having any child that's ours, bio or not, but then also she's confided her scariest fear is the idea of somehow feeling like she's not a part of the family, which I think is probably her own lingering childhood experiences exacerbated by the weird start we had at our clinic. So we have lots to kind of come to terms with in making our plan and that's before we throw in our fertility differences to the mix!

I guess we're lucky in that we have similar hair and eye colour so either way we're not too far out, but also it's so funny when you throw in donor sperm, I mean our theoretical child could look entirely like a stranger genetically and yet I can't imagine that mattering either.

I really appreciate the perspective on the variety of ways you can feel connected to a baby and I can completely imagine that terror of it not working making it hard to allow for easy connection. I feel like it's already really emotionally risky territory and we're still in purely the paperwork side of things

I'm really into the idea of finding different ways for the non-carrying partner to create that bond and connect and I especially love that it doesn't seem that your baby knows the difference, she's just got two mums who love her. That makes me ridiculously happy to hear.

Also, the sibling thing makes total sense to me! And I've actually never considered that. Having two sisters myself, as an adult I've always appreciated being able to look at them and have that visual reminder of our bond. That's something else to think about.

God, thank you so much for sharing, it's honestly appreciated more than I can say.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBBB For This Useful Post:

JustJaq (10-05-2019),TortoiseNotTheHare (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    @BBBB my partner and I did reciprocal IVF through Rainbow Fertility. We dealt with CFC in Liverpool and our experience was mostly positive. Our son is 14mo.

We did however find their (CFC) administration lacking. The communication between CFC nurses and the FS wasn’t the best either but I think that was due to a large staff turnover at the time.
    Once I did fall pregnant and had a few scares the staff were fantastic with my very emotional self who would call them in tears daily.

We will be using them again in the not too distant future. Good luck @BBBB it is a very emotional journey but worthwhile in the end
    Thank you so much for this! I found a similar issue the first time I called up Rainbow in Melbourne, that communication even just for booking seemed a bit average. Speaking to them on the phone the other day though they were really lovely so I don't know. I guess we'll keep going with CFC for now and see. It's so lovely hearing you got your baby boy at the end of it! Exciting you're going to be going for number two!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone, DP and I are about to start TTC # 2. Initial appt this afternoon. I was just wondering if I’d have to have all the work up done again? Scans (internal) and bloods (Amh)? I carried last time with DP’s egg and this time the plan is to use my eggs and carry again. We hope to do an IUI first.

Just trying to gage a timeline as today AF arrived. Wondering if we can jump straight in or will I have to allow this month to get the work up done again?

I’m sure our FS will inform us today, but just wanted to see either way what is standard for TTC second time round.

Baby dust to all TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only redid AMH test after using up my frozen embies, so that was more to do with the stim cycle rather than restarting treatment.
    Good luck with #2, hope it's a short journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post
    Hey everyone, DP and I are about to start TTC # 2. Initial appt this afternoon. I was just wondering if I’d have to have all the work up done again? Scans (internal) and bloods (Amh)? I carried last time with DP’s egg and this time the plan is to use my eggs and carry again. We hope to do an IUI first.

Just trying to gage a timeline as today AF arrived. Wondering if we can jump straight in or will I have to allow this month to get the work up done again?

I’m sure our FS will inform us today, but just wanted to see either way what is standard for TTC second time round.

Baby dust to all TTC!
    How exciting! Hope the appointment went well! IUI definitely seems more straight forward! Hopefully they will just monitor you for ovulation and do the insem! I’ll be following along!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @SJ565 and @TortoiseNotTheHare !

Appt went well. New FS was nice as our previous one relocated. Our small issue is that our donor was classed as an IVF donor in terms of sperm classification. However the analysis of it when we thawed it for DP’s IVF cycle was actually ok. FS isn’t sure of availability of vials, so if there are enough then we can definitely proceed with an IUI. If there are limited vials, then we’ll likely have to do IVF.

And as for workup she just needs the standard things for blood test (not amh), and I just need to do an internal ultrasound, so it will be next month we can hopefully kick off.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (16-05-2019),TortoiseNotTheHare (11-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, I’m
    Still TTC. Just did IVF3 with a fresh transfer. First day 5 transfer where blastocyst was actually hatched.
    I’m really hoping this is our time for a rainbow baby 🤞🏻

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lnmnd1118 For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (16-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lnmnd1118 View Post
    Hey all, I’m
    Still TTC. Just did IVF3 with a fresh transfer. First day 5 transfer where blastocyst was actually hatched.
    I’m really hoping this is our time for a rainbow baby 🤞🏻
    Good luck! I hope this one is your take home bubba x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

lnmnd1118 (17-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @BBBB

I hope that all is going well on your journey.

When we first started looking at IVF clinics in 2018 we thought we would go with Rainbow Fertility but after meeting with them, they just were not the right fit for us.

We ended up going with MIVF and could not be happier. Loved our FS, who is a member of our community, and her team were brilliant. We are currently pregnant after our first IVF cycle.

I have several friends at Monash IVF who also love their FS.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat about other clinics.

Cheers
    PyPy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PyPy For This Useful Post:

BBBB (17-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PyPy View Post
    Hi @BBBB

I hope that all is going well on your journey.

When we first started looking at IVF clinics in 2018 we thought we would go with Rainbow Fertility but after meeting with them, they just were not the right fit for us.

We ended up going with MIVF and could not be happier. Loved our FS, who is a member of our community, and her team were brilliant. We are currently pregnant after our first IVF cycle.

I have several friends at Monash IVF who also love their FS.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat about other clinics.

Cheers
    PyPy
    I tried to msg you @PyPy but you can’t receive PM’s for some reason!

Wondering if you’d share the name of the FS that you are with at MIVF?

We are at Mivf, but after a relative disaster collection, maybe a new FS may be in order.

Thanks