+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    That’s not bad at all hahaha. I was expecting a completely different outcome but that’s pretty impressive! I mean I’m not sure what the numbers looked like to begin with but I know the drop can seem huge so forgetting all that for second, 3 to potentially use is great!

We are doing well! I gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Monday who is now settling into her life with her two wonderful dads! It was a beautiful experience and it’s been amazing watching their little family bonding and just smothering each other with love haha.

That’s super exciting!! Are you all set and ready to go? Wishing you a smooth birth experience!
    That’s amazing, congratulations to all involved

We ended up with 1 pgd normal embryo. Better than none 🤞🏻

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxergirl For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (29-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Same Sex Parents TTC#6

Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    I was wondering how you were going, @TortoiseNotTheHare. I remembered the discussion about the IP and access into the hospital. Sounds like it all turned out well and you had a great experience. Wonderful thing that you did for the IPs.
    I'll be having a scheduled cs next week, so not long until bub is here!
    I had an elective c section and both dads got to be there to experience her birth and both had skin to skin with her immediately in theatre while I was closed up so that was beautiful to see as well. It’s funny, in the photos captured, after one glance at baby to make sure she was okay, all other photos are of me looking at them and their reaction 🥰

DW then met us in recovery and got to enjoy watching them getting to know their little babe too while checking that I was okay too so it was just a beautiful moment for all of us and definitely what we had been working towards.

How are you feeling about your upcoming c section? You must be getting excited now!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxergirl View Post
    That’s amazing, congratulations to all involved

We ended up with 1 pgd normal embryo. Better than none 🤞🏻
    Thank you! Absolutely, that one could be the one right?! I have everything crossed!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (29-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely story, @TortoiseNotTheHare. Sounds like it all worked out well with the birth, and she got the chance to settle in well from the start with her family.
    I'm getting nervous about the birth, but only due to the fact we're about to go from 1 to 2 kids! The birth itself will be fine, but the practicalities of 2 kids is suddenly becoming very real!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Lovely story, @TortoiseNotTheHare. Sounds like it all worked out well with the birth, and she got the chance to settle in well from the start with her family.
    I'm getting nervous about the birth, but only due to the fact we're about to go from 1 to 2 kids! The birth itself will be fine, but the practicalities of 2 kids is suddenly becoming very real!
    She did! She was with her parents from the moment she was born and they both stayed in the hospital with her the entire time so she’s been in their complete care from the get go which has made it more normal for them and of course the best thing for all of us too.

We found the move from 1 to 2 easier than expected. I think we’d struggle to go from 2 to 3 which is where people say it’s easier and that you don’t feel the extra kids as much lol. I just found that our second slotted into our lives perfectly so maybe your experience will be the same and surprise you (we were surprised because of what everyone had told us).

Have you got everything ready for his arrival? Being prepared with the basics is a huge help as well and takes the pressure off in the first few weeks. We probably should have stopped to enjoy our littlest ones newborn stage instead of just getting on with life because she was our last but sometimes you forget to stop and really soak up every moment.