+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Prozac questions

First up in posting this I just want to make clear I'm not looking for help just hear what others have experienced while on Prozac.

I posted a thread ages ago now when I was about to go on Prozac, well it seems to have worked out well for me, I haven't experienced any major depressive events, I still question myself and if I'm good enough to be a parent for my son, but I snap out of that pretty quick, never lasts long.

Anyhow to the point;
    After my recent break up I've noticed a distinct lack of emotion and feeling in what's happened, talking to one of my friends she said the same about some other events in her life - she's also on Prozac.

I'm not thinking about stopping taking Prozac, but wondering if a change to another drug might be called for.

My own observations of myself are fairly simple, I'm not experiencing the high high's in emotion at the same time none of the low low's I used to get, and used to help guide me and set direction in life.

So I'm curious to hear if anyone has any experience with this, even if your on a different drug like Zoloft.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's pretty common I believe. I'm one one (can't remember the name off the top of my head) but I'm on it for anxiety. I'm feeling "normal" which is great.

In the past though, like 10 years ago I was on different ones and I had horrific mood swings.

If you aren't happy with the results it would be worth chatting to your gp about changing dose or type of med. Best of luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    It's pretty common I believe. I'm one one (can't remember the name off the top of my head) but I'm on it for anxiety. I'm feeling "normal" which is great.

In the past though, like 10 years ago I was on different ones and I had horrific mood swings.

If you aren't happy with the results it would be worth chatting to your gp about changing dose or type of med. Best of luck.
    Well, it does the job so I can't complain about that, but I am just wondering if there might be something better.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've heard this happen to others before on Zoloft. I had a friend go off it because they hated feeling flat all the time. It's a shame because they could really do with something to help their anxiety. I'm on another drug which is similar to the two you've mentioned but it hasn't made me feel flat. I am on a low dose though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I've heard this happen to others before on Zoloft. I had a friend go off it because they hated feeling flat all the time. It's a shame because they could really do with something to help their anxiety. I'm on another drug which is similar to the two you've mentioned but it hasn't made me feel flat. I am on a low dose though.
    Yep low dose here too. Escitalopram

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (04-05-2019),Mason98 (04-05-2019),Mod-LIKE A BOSS (04-05-2019)

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Snap @Mamasupial that's what I'm on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    Snap @Mamasupial that's what I'm on.
    I've had no side effects. It's brilliant. I was so scared to go on it because of previous experiences with meds but this one is going so well.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (04-05-2019),Mason98 (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on Prozac over 10 years ago and I felt like a complete zombie, no emotion, sex drive at all. It can be a good thing but for some but didn’t work for me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to greeneyes81 For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (04-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, since posting this thread, at the suggestion of my doctor I have started taking my Prozac at night just before bed instead of the morning.
    I'm feeling better too, people at work have said I seem happier. It took a few days to start noticing a change but I am also noticing that I am sleeping better too.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats (16-05-2019),Mamasupial (16-05-2019),rosieposiepie (16-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    So, since posting this thread, at the suggestion of my doctor I have started taking my Prozac at night just before bed instead of the morning.
    I'm feeling better too, people at work have said I seem happier. It took a few days to start noticing a change but I am also noticing that I am sleeping better too.
    That's great!