+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I still sleep with my 3 year old. He's prone to croup and I find if I'm not right next to him I spend the whole night awake listening to make sure he's ok anyway, so I sleep in his room with him. It's totally up to you when you make the decision to do it, but I don't think you should move him because you think it's time or because other people tell you it's time. Do it when you feel comfortable to do so.
    In saying that, for SIDS risk it is recommended they be near you for 12 months when sleeping I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My first was in our room until she outgrew her bassinet which I think was around 3-4 months. My second was around 15 months old I think, we moved him because I had stopped breastfeeding at that age and we were ready to have his cot out of our room so we had some space

There’s no right or wrong time; I know some people who had their baby in their own room from birth and others who still sleep with their 5-6 year olds (by choice... I often sleep with my 6 year old by her choice, not by mine ).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (30-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was in a bassinet in the entry to my walk in robe (only place it fit) for 3-4 months until he outgrew the bassinet.
    Then in a portacot in my room until he was just over 6 months.
    Portacot wouldn’t have been my first choice but his cot didn’t fit. MCHN looked over the portacot and said it was fine so that’s what we did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD was around 11 months when we moved her out. The only reason we moved her is that she was starting to stir and wake for a feed whenever we came to bed as the cot was in between the bed and the en-suite door (only place it would fit). If she hadn’t started that business she’d probably still be in with us because of the effort involved with moving her to her own room (we completely swapped the spare room/DDs room around so it was a mammoth effort).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know SIDS recommends otherwise but bub was in her own room at 3 months - mind you, her cot is 4 meters away and I can hear everything but I was finding it hard to rest because she's a loud sleeper and similarly, my partners snoring was waking her up. Never had an issue - I make sure the cot environment is as safe as possible, she's in a sleeping bag etc. and I'm getting more sleep out of her since she's not woken up by my partner getting ready for work etc. I take her in my bed at about 7 am and get another hour sleep from her so it's been all good.