+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does anyone have a personal trainer?

DS1 (14 later in the year) is in desperate need of some serious fitness and weight loss.

Due to his extremely low self esteem, his ASD, ADHD, social anxiety and him being very self conscious, I believe that a one on one PT is the best fit for him. Maybe down the track he might want to do group sessions or use the school gym but not anytime soon

I am organising a trial session with a PT in the coming weeks but am wanting to know an average cost for a session please. Just a ballpark figure is fine as I know the prices would vary.

In an ideal world, I’d love for him to see a PT 2-3 times a week but I can’t imagine I’ll be able to afford that.

May I ask that any other suggestions apart from a PT not be suggested in this thread or via PM. I understand there are many different things out there but I am particularly interested in PT only.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could the PT perhaps work out a program that could be done once a week face to face but then completed at home 2-3 other days a week?
    Your DS could perhaps use a garage, or his room if he doesn’t share or another space in the house where he won’t be interrupted and can work out on his own.
    I’ve been investigating PT for myself and I’ve seen prices here vary between $30-$100 per session. Some of those are 30 mins and others are an hour.
    Sometimes it’s hard to work out the cost per session because gyms here offer different prices depending on whether you’re a regular gym member or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a PT, have had one on and off for a number of years. Currently I’m super lucky in that my PT is mates with my friends hubby, so we do a group session (there’s 3 of us with DDs a couple of months apart) and we split the cost between the 3 of us. It’s a $75 session and it’s split evenly however many of us turn up.

The last PT we saw wanted to charge $85/session each

You can usually find someone for around $50/45-60min. Hopefully being T’ba it might not even cost that much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At my gym which is the state aquatic centre they charge $72 an hour 1 on 1 and follow you around coaching you

Or if you ds Joins a gym he could get a program suited to his needs and he follows that BUT it wouldn’t be 1 on 1 each time he goes to the gym.

Gym wise I pay $36.05 a fortnight on a family membership as Ds2 does swimming lessons there aswell so it’s a bit cheaper for us both.

If you want I can send you my program as I have copies of it. I might also have a pregnancy’s weight loss one in my drop box still but the exercises are still focussed on weight loss strength and tone

Thanks
    Reviews
    The personal trainers at our gym are $70 per session, in addition to the weekly gym cost.

There is a gym specifically for kids and teens close to use who use a special program developed for young people. It is called Fitter Futures, you could contact them and see if they know of anybody in your area.

Otherwise there are always personal trainers advertising on our local community Facebook page.

My DDs (11 and 14) go to a kids boot camp which is $25 for both of them per session. They do some weights, cardio and games. DD14 loves it as she can out lift all the boys in her session.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD wanted to go to the gym but most wont let under 16s join. So you may need one who meets in a park not a gym. One in a nearby town does do a kids exercise class but it’s not one on one.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HearMeRoar did you end up getting a personal trainer for your DS? If yes how much did it cost?

Toying with going down this route for myself for reasons I don't want to get into on here.