+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think my response would depend on how much of a rush I was in, if I was busting and how emotional or moody I was feeling at the time. (I also suffer from lactose intolerance when I'm not pregnant, and if I was having a flare up I'd have been very vocal about it!)

I would at minimum have shot daggers to kill...
    I might have said I was next, excuse me or the like...
    If I was in a mood I'd have full on called them out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Californication (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im thinking they were assuming you were waiting for your DD to finish.

When i take my kids to public toilets ill send one in first then wait for that child to finish and ill use the same cubicle while they wait just outside the door.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Californication (28-04-2019),stacey10 (29-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I have a 12 almost 13 year old DSS. He was the most thoughtful, polite and considerate child. As of 6 months ago he’s a giant moody turd who only thinks about himself. I’m sure he will grow out of it but he’s definitely going through that ‘teenage’ stage. It happens. Be prepared for the fact that it may happen to your own ‘angels’.
    At no point did I say my boy is an angel he is absolutely far from it. Gets himself into trouble at school on a regular basis because of his big mouth manners are one thing he does really well and is so conscious of and always has been. I will remain hopeful that this will stay the same as he turns into a moody turd.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Californication (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    At no point did I say my boy is an angel he is absolutely far from it. Gets himself into trouble at school on a regular basis because of his big mouth manners are one thing he does really well and is so conscious of and always has been. I will remain hopeful that this will stay the same as he turns into a moody turd.
    I didn’t say mine’s an angel either, and I’m also not deluded/naive enough to think teens can’t be teens and all that entails, the good, the bad, the ugly.
    But nothing wrong with mentioning your child (as you know them to be now, with or without you) shows common courtesy and good manners.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Californication (28-04-2019),Chippa (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As others said, I’ve unintentionally cut the line just by being in my own world. 99% of the times I wait my turn and say oh she was here first. But sometimes in unfamiliar settings it can be confusing. I also remember the time I was at a water park in my bathers and things were getting dire and a lady let me cut in the front. I’ve never been so grateful!

In my opinion you can’t impose adult expectations on kids. I’m sure my girls would wait their turn, and I’ve always told them too. But they will make mistakes one day and I hope strangers are kind to them when they do.

What’s the saying... you never know what someone else is going through so be kind always. One girl might have been about to poop her pants and didn’t want to say so in front of her friend.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Californication (28-04-2019),Full House (29-04-2019),PomPoms (28-04-2019),stacey10 (29-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    I didn’t quote you. But since you quoted me,l here’s what I think of your original post. That fact that you have taught your child manners doesn’t mean they will use them as a teenager. Plenty of children are taught manners and have parents to try to instil good values into them. But hormones and peer pressure can get the better of them and it all goes out the window.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Full House (29-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I didn’t quote you. But since you quoted me,l here’s what I think of your original post. That fact that you have taught your child manners doesn’t mean they will use them as a teenager. Plenty of children are taught manners and have parents to try to instil good values into them. But hormones and peer pressure can get the better of them and it all goes out the window.
    Ds1 omg same as your dss. Well mannered polite and now a raging horrible tween and everything is out the window. One day karma will bite his bum with his own broody kids and I’ll sit back and watch with a laugh

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (28-04-2019),Full House (29-04-2019),SSecret Squirrel (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    La la la la I can’t hear you! My girls will always be sweet and nice surely!??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Any chance they could have thought you weren’t waiting to use the toilet? Did it potentially look like you were just waiting for your DD?

If not, what they did was really rude. I probably would have said something when the first girl went in, like ‘wow, really?!’. By reacting to her pushing in, this would give the message to the second girl that you didn’t appreciate her queue jumping.
    That's what I was thinking... they may not have heard you. It would have been polite to ask if you were waiting but that would have been more of a maturity thing... I'm guessing the second girl stared at you to see if you were waiting and then went when you didn't say anything....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could imagine my 13 year old daughter doing this if I wasn’t around!

She has been taught manners, but I am forever pulling her up for forgetting some simple courtesies.

She has ADHD, is impulsive and lives in Lala land. If she is with friends she is even worse. I actually appreciate it if a member of the public pulls her up as it reinforces what I repeatedly tell her over and over 🤦‍♀️