+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nappy bags - satchel or backpack style?

Bub is set to arrive in 9 weeks and luckily we have most baby gear still from DD1 but we do need a new nappy bag. DD1 is 5, so she's fine to carry her own stuff and walk, and when we're out bub will either be in the pram or in a sling/wrap.

I generally prefer the satchel style bag and would just sling it over the pram handle, but I'm wondering if a backpack style would be better in situations where I don't want to take the pram out but need to hold the baby and DD1's hand?

What are your pros and cons for the different styles? Any recommendations that aren't ridiculously expensive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbletrouble For This Useful Post:

Yogis Mumma (26-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbletrouble View Post
    Bub is set to arrive in 9 weeks and luckily we have most baby gear still from DD1 but we do need a new nappy bag. DD1 is 5, so she's fine to carry her own stuff and walk, and when we're out bub will either be in the pram or in a sling/wrap.

I generally prefer the satchel style bag and would just sling it over the pram handle, but I'm wondering if a backpack style would be better in situations where I don't want to take the pram out but need to hold the baby and DD1's hand?

What are your pros and cons for the different styles? Any recommendations that aren't ridiculously expensive?
    We had a satchel, but got a backpack style and I LOVE it. I'm not sure you can buy that particular one anymore but it has so many pockets and sections.

It's a "babygear" one. We got it from toysrus about 3-4 yrs ago

I always found when I was juggling a baby, a 4yo and the satchel it would slip off my shoulder... the backpack style stays put

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m a massive backpack fan.. once backpack is on your back, both hands are free...can get kids in and out of car, bend Dow, baby wear etc and the bag doesn’t fall off or get in the way.

I first bought a Billabong backpack as it had a few different sections and was great but soon down sized to a Kmart backpack when I realised how more simply I could pack.

Pregnant with #2 so 2x kids stuff..I’ll start with my Billabong bag again.

Also great for hubby to use

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also preferred a backpack style nappy bag when mine were babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had both, a satchel that I’d hang over the pram and a backpack. Dh preferred the satchel, whereas I preferred the backpack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i ordered this and it arrived literally a half hour before we left for the hospital didn’t get a really good look at it, but it felt sturdy and has heaps of room. lots of functional interior pockets and little zippy sections plus an insulated bottle section.

i had an isoki bag with ds and it was just too big. got way too heavy after you filled it up and was just awkward to lug around. i’m hoping this one is more practical and enjoyable to use.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B071CRY...382012_TE_item

8. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mellie29 (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a 5.5y gap and used the satchel style so it could go over the pram bars. I'm not a fan of backpacks on the whole though as I'm a sweater. I wore bub quite a bit, so a backpack would not have worked along with the wrap/carrier.

Honestly, with my 2nd I was so much better prepared for what I did/didn't need for each trip out. I had a nappy pouch/change mat thing that could pop in my bag and the nappy bag could stay in the car if I was just popping in to the shops for a few things. I'd use the pram lots when any amount of walking was needed as my 5yo could squeeze into it. So on a big day somewhere, I'd end up with bub in the carrier, DD in and out of the pram and was very happy to have the nappy bag on the pram and not me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a Fisher price backpack style babybag from target and it was so much better than the traditional baby bag. It had straps that could clip around a trolley or pram handle, so it was very versatile. It only cost about $30 or $50 from memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i ordered this and it arrived literally a half hour before we left for the hospital didn’t get a really good look at it, but it felt sturdy and has heaps of room. lots of functional interior pockets and little zippy sections plus an insulated bottle section.

i had an isoki bag with ds and it was just too big. got way too heavy after you filled it up and was just awkward to lug around. i’m hoping this one is more practical and enjoyable to use.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B071CRY...382012_TE_item
    That is a nice looking backpack

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (28-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve have a shoulder bag but about 6 months ago got a back pack style and it’s so much more convenient. I have this Stork Sak.

https://www.storksak.com.au/nappy-ba...pack-grey.html

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (30-04-2019)