+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bub shouting in sleep

Hi everyone

I have a baby 3 months old and he is shouting in sleep.me and my husband are very much tensed about this. Baby is in deep sleep and shouting with fear. When i take him n wake him up he sees me n go back to sleep. Its cery disturbing to us as we dint saw any of my relatives babies doing this so. I consulted my gp but she said may be he is dreaming. He was doing this twice a week but now its the daily thing happening with him. We xonsulted gp twice. At the second time she said i don’t understand what the problem is may be its internal or external . Please suggest me anything what i can do to make sure my baby sleeps comfortably and say me if this is a normal thing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i’m not sure babies that young can shout out of fear. if baby is waking in the night i’m guessing it’s either hungry, too warm/cold, wet/dirty diaper, or just wants comfort.

i’d probably try eliminating those factors first before jumping to any further conclusions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He isn’t waking up he is just shouting with so much of energy like everyone in the house sleeping beside my room are waking up and coming to see him...! 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    not really sure what you mean shouting. i didn’t think 3 month olds could shout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean like crying/ crying out? If he settles after you pick him up maybe he just wants comfort/ to know you’re nearby? I’ve got 3 children & none of them slept through until around 8-12 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3 months is still a young baby and totally normal for them to wake during the night. I’m not sure what you mean by shouting- if crying/whinging they may be hungry, cold/hot, need a nappy change, have pain or just need comfort. All totally normal. If it’s more like just making noises (loudly), it could be that he is just finding his voice and testing it out. Sometimes when babies learn new “tricks” or reach milestones their sleep can regress a bit. Again, all totally normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My baby never slept in the same room as us like we planned because as a newborn, he was such a noisy sleeper....making crying and other weird noises that were so distracting we couldn’t sleep...even the nurses in hospital would take him for a few hours each night to give me rest.

There was nothing wrong, just a noisy sleeper. After awhile (can’t remember how long) it stopped. He’s now nearly 2 and sleeps without making noise.

We never did anything, just let him sleep. Many babies cry in their sleep but they’re not actually upset or awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And we changed the sensitivity on the monitor so that we didn’t hear every sound just the ones that reached a concerning level.