+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterus tear

Hi ladies I had my son in December 2017 and my husband was doing a clear out and gave me notes from my GP (his practice closed down and they gave all the patients their notes). Anyway I was looking to see my serology for measles with all the measles going around at the moment and I found a letter from my OB to my GP.

I had an emergency c section after a dreadful labour where my epidural failed and my son got stuck at 8cm. Anyway in the letter it says there was a tear in my uterus and I don’t remember my OB saying anything about it. It was stitched up.

I’m thinking, what would have caused that? I would have asked at the time if I’d known. Could it cause me issues in the future? We’re going to have another one (not sure when).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this happen to me with my last pregnancy, mine was due to my placenta being stuck and while they were trying to manually remove it, I tore, and mine was stitched up as well, I got told I wouldn’t have any problems, but now I have “things” in my uterus that show up in a scan but nothing shows up in a hysteroscopy, they label them echogenic foci on the u/s reports, which according to the hysteroscopy they are not, I’m presuming it’s scar tissue from where they were taking out the placenta. Maybe have get an u/s done to check the state of your uterus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey. I’ve had an u/s because I’ve had bleeding at weird times in my cycle and it’s all normal, so I need further testing and l’ll take this letter along to my GP.

I wonder if mine was torn when removing the placenta too. It just wasn’t mentioned. I’m pretty annoyed really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Contact the privacy office at the hospital you delivered and ask for your medical records/theatre notes surrounding your delivery. Your GP won’t be able to tell you anything more than what’s in the letter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Hetty when my gp gave me the results from the u/s he just said it’s all ok, I asked him to print off the report for me and that’s when I read about the echogenic foci, so actually it’s not all normal, really peeves me when they say things like that, usually because it’s outside their area of expertise. Hopefully thought everything is fine with yours, no one can actually tell me what I have going on in there so I’m just presuming it’s some scar tissue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MLadyEm View Post
    Contact the privacy office at the hospital you delivered and ask for your medical records/theatre notes surrounding your delivery. Your GP won’t be able to tell you anything more than what’s in the letter.
    Didn’t know I could do that, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I delivered my last child by c section, his foot got caught as he was being delivered and he tore my uterus lining (breech-unstable lie, he was diagonal)They didn't know until they were finishing up and found an internal bleed, so had to be opened up again and sorted out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 1st timemama For This Useful Post:

EClaire86 (19-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Uterus tear

Thanks everyone. I’m going to write to the hospital and get my notes. My labour was such a traumatic experience so I might not read it but will give to the GP. Probably completely unrelated to my mid cycle bleeding but could be a piece of the puzzle and if it could cause problems next time I need to know.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hetty For This Useful Post:

EClaire86 (19-04-2019),mandmbaby (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me with my emergency c section in June last year with my first baby. My baby was very stuck and had to be flipped inside of me to get him out! I think it was a very complicated c section and the OB said in her 20 years of delivering babies she’s only had to do that procedure called a somersault maneuver 5 times! I was told after by the doctor who visited me on the ward that they accidentally tore my uterus but they stitched it up. They just stressed contraception to me and said to wait 18 months til I considered another baby to give it time to heal. It was also written in my discharge summary. They never said it would cause any issues down the track so I hope not!