+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Show or tell me about your outdoor furniture

We have an under cover back patio area where live and I'm thinking I'd like to ditch our current very solid old timber setting and get something nicer. It's a painted setting that my mum rescued off kerbside collection years ago (she pretty much forced it on me!) and it's never really been that inviting to sit on. It's a dirt and cobweb magnet basically.

We're not huge on sitting out the back - if DS plays out there I usually do some gardening/weeding at the same time rather than kicking back and relaxing. I think if it was nicer out there we might use the area more.

The patio base is concrete and I'm thinking an outdoor rug would be a nice touch, with some updated furniture.

I don't want anything that is a complete pain to clean, so please tell me what I should avoid.

Thoughts and inspiration please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have this setting from freedom. It would be 4+ years old. It gets dusty and cobwebby but I just hose it down. The top gets water marks and other stains very easily. We’ve lightly sanded and waxed it once in its life.

The lounges look awful at the moment but those cushions can be hosed or machine washed so it’s laziness not crappy furniture. It was more expensive from a brand called gloster. It is very comfy and withstands a dog and toddler.

I’m not sure a dust and cobweb resistant outdoor setting exists, if it did the makers would be very rich. My biggest struggle was finding something that didn’t look cheap but wasn’t crazy expensive.

IMG_7795.jpgIMG_7796.jpg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We did have a wooden outdoor setting but like above, if it’s not maintained regularly it can stain and get water marks easy and looks pretty ratty. We got rid of it and went glass top table. Dh wasn’t keen as our dog (medium size amstaff) likes to jump on it but it’s heavy and solid and going strong. Super easy to keep clean, nothing a quick wipe over or hose down doesn’t fix. We used to live near the beach and our yard was all sand so it got dirty real quick, a quick hose down and good as new. And the chairs are metal with removable cushions so can wash/change them whenever and super comfy. We were looking at getting a wicker outdoor lounge set as well but with dog and kids, decided against it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (16-04-2019)