+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0

    Default Intralipids and/or CLEXANE - slight elevated NK cells

    I have recurrent miscarriages even with my recent donor egg transfer (week 10).

    My NK test results indicate borderline elevated levels, and my FS prescribed CLEXANE for me. He also suggested INTRALIPIDS as an option.

    What are your thoughts and experiences with CLEXANE and/or INTRALIPIDS? Were you also on borderline elevated NK cells?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,206
    Thanks
    3,985
    Thanked
    5,256
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was considered on the higher range of normal on my NK test results. My fs decided to treat them as we had tried everything else. I was prescribed the lower dose of clexane but that gradually was increased through future cycles and also intralipids. It wasn't a quick fix for me but I was happy to try this as a next step to achieve pregnancy. I would definitely consider this a positive move in your situation if you are actually achieving a bfp but having difficulty keeping the pregnancy going. Good luck x

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (15-04-2019)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    268
    Thanked
    98
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    I have recurrent miscarriages even with my recent donor egg transfer (week 10).

    My NK test results indicate borderline elevated levels, and my FS prescribed CLEXANE for me. He also suggested INTRALIPIDS as an option.

    What are your thoughts and experiences with CLEXANE and/or INTRALIPIDS? Were you also on borderline elevated NK cells?
    My NKC was at 13 I think anything below 10 is ‘normal’ so I wasn’t high but over normal to require clexane/intralipds and steroids (Dexa) I also have ANA’s & MTHFR (which I reckon the clexane is for mainly) I can tell you when I went on the protocol with our current FS we got pregnant for the first time ever in the 3 years on the very first cycle with him. So definitely it worked for me. Couldn’t believe it all the FET all the embys sacrificed than we moved to him & bang pregnant (miscarried). I’m a believer that protocol worked (as well as Filgrastim & the ERA Test)

    Currently in the 2ww after have a double 3 day transfer on Friday. So we shall see for this cycle!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyT78 For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (15-04-2019)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyT78 View Post
    My NKC was at 13 I think anything below 10 is ‘normal’ so I wasn’t high but over normal to require clexane/intralipds and steroids (Dexa) I also have ANA’s & MTHFR (which I reckon the clexane is for mainly) I can tell you when I went on the protocol with our current FS we got pregnant for the first time ever in the 3 years on the very first cycle with him. So definitely it worked for me. Couldn’t believe it all the FET all the embys sacrificed than we moved to him & bang pregnant (miscarried). I’m a believer that protocol worked (as well as Filgrastim & the ERA Test)

    Currently in the 2ww after have a double 3 day transfer on Friday. So we shall see for this cycle!
    I’m basically the same as Ruby. NK of 13 and mthfr. fortunately diagnosed before first ever fet. was put on clexane and predisonole and then first ever fet worked. also had intralipid immediately after transfer, but not again after that.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alwaysgreener For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (16-04-2019),RubyT78 (16-04-2019)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks ladies! I’ll go for INTRALIPIDS then, given it appears to have been part of the success formula for you all.

    With CLEXANE, did you take it before or after the transfer, and for how long? I’m prescribed 20mg.

    Good luck @RubyT78!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Birdface For This Useful Post:

    RubyT78 (16-04-2019)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    268
    Thanked
    98
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Thanks ladies! I’ll go for INTRALIPIDS then, given it appears to have been part of the success formula for you all.

    With CLEXANE, did you take it before or after the transfer, and for how long? I’m prescribed 20mg.

    Good luck @RubyT78!
    All past FET (with previous FS) clexane started day of it after tranafer. With my current FS my last FET (BFP) started 5 days before transfer in conjunction w/Progesterone Oil & Pessaries. And again did exact same protocol last week for this transfer. My FS got me to do the ERA Test (sample of your lining sent to Spain) the result was I need 2 days extra of progesterone! That’s 48hrs later that my transfers in the past should’ve happened 🤦🏻‍♀️ up till that only BFP other FS have been transferring way too early for my ideal implantation time. Ugh I think everyone should have ALL tests after a year of no success. Saves so much money, heart break & a lot of potential embryos!

    Thank-you!!! not testing till BT Day! 🤞🏼

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyT78 For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (21-04-2019)

  12. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    268
    Thanked
    98
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyT78 View Post
    All past FET (with previous FS) clexane started day of it after tranafer. With my current FS my last FET (BFP) started 5 days before transfer in conjunction w/Progesterone Oil & Pessaries. And again did exact same protocol last week for this transfer. My FS got me to do the ERA Test (sample of your lining sent to Spain) the result was I need 2 days extra of progesterone! That’s 48hrs later that my transfers in the past should’ve happened 🤦🏻‍♀️ up till that only BFP other FS have been transferring way too early for my ideal implantation time. Ugh I think everyone should have ALL tests after a year of no success. Saves so much money, heart break & a lot of potential embryos!

    Thank-you!!! not testing till BT Day! 🤞🏼
    If positive pregnancy - up to 14 weeks...but that depends on your own individual situation (ie if you have MTHF or any other clotting factors etc)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to RubyT78 For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (21-04-2019)

  14. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyT78 View Post
    My NKC was at 13 I think anything below 10 is ‘normal’ so I wasn’t high but over normal to require clexane/intralipds and steroids (Dexa) I also have ANA’s & MTHFR (which I reckon the clexane is for mainly) I can tell you when I went on the protocol with our current FS we got pregnant for the first time ever in the 3 years on the very first cycle with him. So definitely it worked for me. Couldn’t believe it all the FET all the embys sacrificed than we moved to him & bang pregnant (miscarried). I’m a believer that protocol worked (as well as Filgrastim & the ERA Test)

    Currently in the 2ww after have a double 3 day transfer on Friday. So we shall see for this cycle!
    Exactly this as well a dq alpha match. Before my last FET, we also did the ERA test and found transfer had to be as late in the day as possible. I was lucky to get a strong BFP with that transfer but unfortunately we found it was a blighted ovum at 7.3 weeks. But in 3 years of ttc - 2 of those IVF, this is the furthest we’d gotten so still celebrating it as a win.

    Good luck!!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Akara For This Useful Post:

    RubyT78 (17-04-2019)

  16. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Akara View Post
    Exactly this as well a dq alpha match. Before my last FET, we also did the ERA test and found transfer had to be as late in the day as possible. I was lucky to get a strong BFP with that transfer but unfortunately we found it was a blighted ovum at 7.3 weeks. But in 3 years of ttc - 2 of those IVF, this is the furthest we’d gotten so still celebrating it as a win.

    Good luck!!
    Oh Akara, my heart breaks for you. I admire your positivity and generosity. you are so strong. wish you all the very best xxx

  17. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    39
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdface View Post
    Thanks ladies! I’ll go for INTRALIPIDS then, given it appears to have been part of the success formula for you all.

    With CLEXANE, did you take it before or after the transfer, and for how long? I’m prescribed 20mg.

    Good luck @RubyT78!
    From memory i started abt 4-5 days before the transfer with clexane. predisonole a fair bit earlier i think. i am currently 12w3d and still on clexane and predisonole. not sure for how much longer. i know some ladies are on clexane all throughout their pregnancy, so i won’t be surprised if that’s me as well. whatever it takes

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to alwaysgreener For This Useful Post:

    Birdface (21-04-2019)


 

Similar Threads

  1. FF and Bottle Cleaning in Hospital
    By zephani in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 13:16
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 01:51
  3. Alterations and dry cleaning
    By FlipFlop in forum Weddings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 10:39
  4. Question re night feeding and teeth cleaning
    By Busy-Bee in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-10-2008, 14:43
  5. Tell me to rack off and finish cleaning!!!
    By Chunkydunks in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-06-2008, 18:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›

ADVERTISEMENT