+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bed wetting HELP!

DS turned 7 years old in Feb, up until recently he was wearing pull ups to bed because he was still waking wet. I thought we would transition to underwear once he started waking dry (which rarely happened).
    Anyway, last week we tried undies and he woke dry 3 mornings in a row which was great! I thought we were on track. But now he has woken 3 mornings in a row soaking wet! I don’t know what to do, is this “normal” or should we go back to pull ups?? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 7 I would push through. DD1 learnt by getting wet and eventually night trained over a year. DD2 has not had much luck. She’s 5 now and wets about 50% of the time but refuses to wear a pull ups. So we just use brolly sheets and she pulls it off and takes off her lower half during the night instead of waking me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    DS turned 7 years old in Feb, up until recently he was wearing pull ups to bed because he was still waking wet. I thought we would transition to underwear once he started waking dry (which rarely happened).
    Anyway, last week we tried undies and he woke dry 3 mornings in a row which was great! I thought we were on track. But now he has woken 3 mornings in a row soaking wet! I don’t know what to do, is this “normal” or should we go back to pull ups?? Thanks.
    I would keep persevering if I were you, does he have much to drink before bed? With my middle child I had to limit her liquid intake after 6pm and in the earlier days I took her to the toilet half asleep when I went to bed around 10/11pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes81 View Post
    I would keep persevering if I were you, does he have much to drink before bed? With my middle child I had to limit her liquid intake after 6pm and in the earlier days I took her to the toilet half asleep when I went to bed around 10/11pm.
    I’ve been told by nurse not to restrict fluids or to wake as it delays them learning to wake themselves.
    Did it work in the long run for you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

greeneyes81 (15-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I’ve been told by nurse not to restrict fluids or to wake as it delays them learning to wake themselves.
    Did it work in the long run for you?
    Yeah it did, took awhile tho. If she is extra tired or very sick she might have an incident occasionally but as she’s getting older it’s becoming less and less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes81 View Post
    Yeah it did, took awhile tho. If she is extra tired or very sick she might have an incident occasionally but as she’s getting older it’s becoming less and less.
    Ok, we’ll see how we go tonight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds woke wet again , 4th morning.
    I’m beginning to think he’s not ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cool change in the weather wouldnt help - they wont want to get out of a warm bed.

We always take our little ones (under 8/9) to the toilet around 10pm when we go to bed, continued this habit till we noticed them getting up themselves to go to the toilet during the night.

Hope you have brolly sheets to make the clean up easier

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

greeneyes81 (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you don't have brolly sheets, layering - mattress protector, fitted sheet, mattress protector, fitted sheet - works just as well. Just take off the top layer