+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Old clothes?

I'm at a point now of having more clothes that I can fit in kiddo's room, I don't have a lot of storage space, so I've either got to give it away, throw out or sell it.

I;d rather sell it but before I try, is it actually worth doing has anyone put stuff on gumtree and had luck with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sold stacks of clothes on Facebook marketplace. I usually just put season bundles together in sizes and sell that way. People generally want a bundle rather than purchasing individual items.

I reckon I’ve made several hundred dollars selling my boy’s old clothes. We are in the middle of moving and I’m giving heaps away that I couldn’t be bothered selling but if I had more time I would have.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (13-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I’ve sold clothing in bundles on Facebook buy/swap/sell before, but not gumtree. I used to group sizes together (e.g, bulk lot of size 3 summer clothing) and list it at a reasonable price so it sells quickly.

It’s not a bad way to make some extra cash, but it can be painful dealing with people who try to haggle or muck you around by agreeing to buy but not showing up (happens regularly!).

I can’t be bothered anymore, I just bag them up and donate to charity.

Anything with stains, holes or has been worn to death is binned. It’s not cool to donate crap.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (13-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I find local facebook buy swap sell is good. Bag stuff in bundles of size and season and gender e.g. size 00 winter girls. I usually fill a garbage bag for $20 just to get rid if quick. If its good stuff like bonds zippies or expensive good quality items i will sell the separately. Same as mid degrassi though, it can be a pain in the **** waiting for people all day who dont show up so when i cant be bothered i just give it to vinnies.
    There are so many baby clothes in the world i seriously think they should ban production of all baby stuff and we'd all be fine just reusing everything already in existance. Its ridiculous the amount of stuff i have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    I have sold stacks of clothes on Facebook marketplace. I usually just put season bundles together in sizes and sell that way. People generally want a bundle rather than purchasing individual items.

I reckon I’ve made several hundred dollars selling my boy’s old clothes. We are in the middle of moving and I’m giving heaps away that I couldn’t be bothered selling but if I had more time I would have.

Good luck!
    I really love the idea of season bundles!! I think I'm going to use Gumtree or Ebay though with postage only, to avoid the whole thing of waiting for people to pick the stuff up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason98 For This Useful Post:

Chippa (14-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Gumtree & have sold a lot of DD’s clothes. I also put together in season bundles as I find it sells easier that way. Goodluck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMooMumma For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (13-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Old clothes?

i don’t bother selling, simply not worth my time and effort given the minimal return. i either donate or list on local buy swap sell fb groups as free and pick up from my house (i just leave it in a bag out the front so i’m not waiting round for someone). i’ve sold one thing lately, ds was gifted this peter rabbit pants and shirt set (complete with bow tie ). it was brand new with tags. cost close to $100 from david jones. we never put it on him because, well toddlers are hardly going to be comfy in tailored pants, shirt and bow tie. i listed it for $15 and, to my surprise, someone bought it.

most of ds’ gear gets trashed at daycare and was cheap kmart stuff to begin with so not likely anyone will pay for it anyway.

i’d suggest doing the same. make up bag bundles based on size and season (boys winter bundle, sizes 2-3...that kind of thing). if it’s nicer stuff you could charge $5 per bundle but honestly, i’m just happy to get rid of it so i just list it for free.

as mentioned above, anything stained, ripped/holey or worn to death gets binned. nobody wants old rags.

if he has brand name shoes that are in reasonable condition, you could try listing those for $10 a pair? ds has adidas, a pair of reeboks and quite a few pairs of nikes, all in varying conditions. i’m keeping for number 2 but if we weren’t having more, i’d prob try listing the ones in better shape for $10 a pair.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (13-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason98 View Post
    I really love the idea of season bundles!! I think I'm going to use Gumtree or Ebay though with postage only, to avoid the whole thing of waiting for people to pick the stuff up.
    Season bundles always sell super quickly especially if they are reasonably priced. I’ve also done postage and find it to be more of a hassle so only offer pick up. Most people are pretty good but I’ve been stuffed around plenty of times

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

Mason98 (14-04-2019)