+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The layers of muscle are trying to join back together, so anything that puts that under pressure well cause you pain, and unfortunately may delay healing.
    Hard as it is, try to take it easy. I'm having a 2nd CS within July with a 3yo to look after, so I'm going to be in the same difficult boat

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

cbeg (21-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I would avoid getting onto the floor at all costs for the first couple of months, just too hard to get back up without hurting! So it sounds normal to me.

Some women are back into jog training at 8 weeks - me? I could just starts a VERY gentle yoga class with heaps of modifications. Pains were always sharp twinges, shooting out from the general scar area, and if I'd done too much that day then aching/heaviness.

I think you need to listen to your body and try (lol, I know, funny idea with a toddler) to take it easy when you need to. We all recover at different rates.
    Thank you 🥰

I can’t even think about going for a walk at 8 weeks pp the way I feel lol
    I love yoga, I might see how I feel coming into the next few weeks and I might start some gentle flows

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Normal unfortunately. Before I was pregnant with dd (8 months old now) I was still getting pains 15 months after Ds2 c/sec. I know people at work who still get some pains years later.

Your still only 5 weeks pp so you need to remember that plus chasing an active toddler around will add more time to the recovery
    Cheers ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeg View Post
    Thank you 🥰

I can’t even think about going for a walk at 8 weeks pp the way I feel lol
    I love yoga, I might see how I feel coming into the next few weeks and I might start some gentle flows

Cheers
    Go very gentle, remember you will have lots of relaxin in your system still, moreso if breastfeeding, which makes it easy to stretch too far. I couldn't do anything on my stomach, nothing that needed strong abs and was very low in energy, chest openers were great though as you're always so hunched over in the early days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

cbeg (21-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I’ve only had one cs after having natural for first . I had pain for 8 weeks with no infection

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

cbeg (21-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    The layers of muscle are trying to join back together, so anything that puts that under pressure well cause you pain, and unfortunately may delay healing.
    Hard as it is, try to take it easy. I'm having a 2nd CS within July with a 3yo to look after, so I'm going to be in the same difficult boat
    That’s so true. I can feel it in my abdominal muscles too

We make it happen though

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cbeg For This Useful Post:

SJ565 (21-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening all!

So you wouldn’t believe what happened.

Yesterday I was walking downstairs and slipped. I had pain on my c scar not immensely but enough to make me not want to walk.

This morning I woke up with the c scar being all red and inflamed and very tender to touch
    I think it might be muscle strain on top of having an infection
    I just came off antibiotics for the same issue last week.

Has anyone experienced this or had multiple infections after a c sec ? I am starting to get worried that it might be something else causing my pain