+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Post partrum c-section pain

Hi Guys

I had my second c-section 3 weeks ago.

I know all c-sections are different but this one (had my first one 2 years ago) my recovery is going ok but I have the weirdest pain in my abdominal area.

The pain, or more so discomfort is below my belly button and above my bikini line.
    The discomfort is like a really bad sunburn. It hurts to touch and is tender.
    There is no redness, I don’t have fever and no symptoms of urine infection.

I am going for a check to the doctors tomorrow but I am curious to find out if anyone else has had these symptoms or experienced this

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i could well be wrong as i’m not a medical professional, but i believe there is one layer in a c section that is cut vertically. i’m wondering if it’s this layer healing that’s causing the pain?

but honestly, it could be anything. i had one 3 years ago and honestly had odd pains and sensations for a while after. i’m having my second in just over 2 weeks and am expecting the same.

as with anything medical, but esp after a surgery, if you feel something is causing you concern or doesn’t seem right, go chat to your gp/ob. no need to wait til the 6 week check up if you’re worried about something now.

congrats and i hope all is well with you and bub otherwise!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

cbeg (10-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i could well be wrong as i’m not a medical professional, but i believe there is one layer in a c section that is cut vertically. i’m wondering if it’s this layer healing that’s causing the pain?

but honestly, it could be anything. i had one 3 years ago and honestly had odd pains and sensations for a while after. i’m having my second in just over 2 weeks and am expecting the same.

as with anything medical, but esp after a surgery, if you feel something is causing you concern or doesn’t seem right, go chat to your gp/ob. no need to wait til the 6 week check up if you’re worried about something now.

congrats and i hope all is well with you and bub otherwise!
    Thank you. I am thinking it might be my uterus still contracting, cause my doctor said when you breastfeed your uterus works at the same time to contract back to it’s normal size.

I am seeing doctor tomorrow so let’s see what it is. It might also be an internal infection that I am not getting any symptoms from.

I am hoping it’s just pain from the surgery that will subside but if it is infection then at least I can take meds for it to get rid of it. Hoping it’s nothing serious.

Hope all goes well with your delivery

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cbeg For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast (10-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had afterpains with breastfeeding (like contractions) both times but worse with my 2nd. While I had twinges and shooting pains into other parts of my abdomen if I moved awkwardly etc, there was only tenderness to touch near my scar area. By 3 weeks I wasn't running marathons or anything but I was definitely feel well over the worst of it and only had pain if I did something wrong.

The fact that you are experiencing a 'heat' feeling suggest their could be an infection, even without fever. So definitely talk to the Dr about it tomorrow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

cbeg (10-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    at 2.5wks pp i had an infection. i felt heavy in my lower abdomen and just felt a little off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

cbeg (10-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an internal infection at 11 days pp with my twins and I had not many symptoms...but I did keep saying I felt like there was something going on between my belly button and bikini line. Mine ended up with me haemorrhaging though so I would def go get checked out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit84 For This Useful Post:

cbeg (16-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit84 View Post
    I had an internal infection at 11 days pp with my twins and I had not many symptoms...but I did keep saying I felt like there was something going on between my belly button and bikini line. Mine ended up with me haemorrhaging though so I would def go get checked out.
    I had ultrasound done and everything came back okay

Doctor started me on antibiotics to rule out infection but tomorrow is my last day on them and I still have pain. I think it is part of the healing process because I find when I over work myself it becomes painful

Hope you recovered well from it and haemorrhage got sorted.

Hope everyone else recovered well or is recovering well

Thanks
    Reviews
    So quick update and question..

I will be 5 weeks pp this coming Tuesday

Almost every time I get up from laying down, or from sitting crossed legged on the floor or get up from a position that requires my abdominal muscles, I get little sharp pains along my c section scar and then when I am running around the house with my toddler I get pains there as well. I know running around with my toddler isn’t ideal but when your home alone with a newborn and toddler - toddler wants attention too. Everything has healed nicely and my ultrasound came back all fine when I had it done last week.

My GP has given me antibiotics for another 3 days to make sure if there is any infection that it is
    cleared up

Just wondering if this is normal
    pain that anyone has/is experiencing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Normal unfortunately. Before I was pregnant with dd (8 months old now) I was still getting pains 15 months after Ds2 c/sec. I know people at work who still get some pains years later.

Your still only 5 weeks pp so you need to remember that plus chasing an active toddler around will add more time to the recovery

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

cbeg (20-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would avoid getting onto the floor at all costs for the first couple of months, just too hard to get back up without hurting! So it sounds normal to me.

Some women are back into jog training at 8 weeks - me? I could just starts a VERY gentle yoga class with heaps of modifications. Pains were always sharp twinges, shooting out from the general scar area, and if I'd done too much that day then aching/heaviness.

I think you need to listen to your body and try (lol, I know, funny idea with a toddler) to take it easy when you need to. We all recover at different rates.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

cbeg (20-04-2019)