+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. It happened about 2 weeks ago. I rang RESPECT for advice and they said my son may have misinterpreted his Dad’s actions. I still believe my son though, as I’m not sure how you can misinterpret a hand around your throat. Anyway, they recommended I ask my partner to recount what he remembers. I know he will deny it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Please get some counseling. For you and your kids. I could be wrong, but reading between the lines and your other posts here, it doesn't sound like you have a very healthy relationship.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard (12-04-2019),SSecret Squirrel (12-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just coming in with a thought here, and certainly not suggesting you should disregard what your son has said, but has he watched the simpsons at all? As there are frequent scenes of Homer with his hands around his sons throat in that show and it might have put the idea in his head?

Again, I’m not saying your son has made anything up but this just popped into my head when I read your post.

Good luck, it must be a hard situation for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Yes, counselling or leaving are the only 2 options I think.

No, he hasn’t watched the Simpsons. He doesn’t watch a lot of TV but it would some sort of Transformers show when he does. I did think of this because there is a lot of fighting in the Transformers too. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mumma,

It sounds like your partner may not be the easiest guy to talk to, which stood out to me the most.

Whether it's true or made up, you should be able to have an open conversation with your partner and get to the bottom of it. If he denies it, then both of you could have a non-accusatory, gentle chat with your boy - 'hey buddy, what did you mean when you said xyz?'.

Ultimately you're a team, your goal when it comes to your son should be the same - that he's happy, healthy and safe. It could be nothing or it could be something that needs intervention.