+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My partner is going away camping for Easter (baby’s first Easter)

My partner has just casually told me he’s going away camping this Easter. Only for the night, he’s leaving Saturday and coming home Sunday afternoon.
    The reason I’m upset about it is we have a 6 week old so it will be our first Easter as a fam, and also I have a 6 year old and last year he spent Easter with his dad, so this year he wakes up at with us so it’s our first Easter as a family and to do the Easter egg hunt etc.
    original a few days ago when his friend told me they were going on Saturday, I spoke to my partner about it and explained I was Devo and he assured me it’s all ok he’ll sort it out, he’ll be going Sunday after lunch so he’s here for Easter.
    Now he’s happily casually told me its the Saturday they go and even though he knows I’m Devo about it, he’s like well otherwise I can’t go. And said it’s fine coz he’ll be home that afternoon, but my eldest will be at his dads by then.
    Also I’m sad because we already bought my partner Easter presents and now my 6 year old won’t be able to give it to him.
    And I’m Devo I’ll be waking up with the 2 kids and my partner not be there, I know it’s not “christmas” but with a 6 year old Easter is still meant to be fun/special
    Am I wrong to be a bit upset about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think you have every right to be upset, I would be too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It’s an occasion that’s important to you - if he knows this, yet still chooses to go away, I think it’s reasonable to be a bit upset.

Does he go away very often? If he hardly ever does, I’d probably be a bit more lenient. If he gets time out with his mates regularly I’d be inclined to put my foot down and ask him to put his family first and go camping some other time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No he barely does anything with his friends coz we work a lot. So that’s why I’m torn. I feel bad for being upset because I want him to be able to go and have a good time but at the same time I can’t help feel cut because we have litterally discussed it 3 times this week and I voiced I was worried it was going to be Easter morning, because I wanted to be able to wake up as a family have an Easter egg hunt “the Easter bunny’s been” moment.
    And he knew that and told me not to stress it’s all good i’ll sort it we’re leaving lunch time Sunday. Lunch time Sunday didn’t fade me coz it meant he’d be here when we woke up and exchanged choccys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m honestly not even angry angry I’m actually just super sad about it. Coz I was excited for it because we didn’t have my son for it last year and now we have the new little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Doing that at easter just isn't fair on the kids, easter is still a big thing for me and I'm 20!

I can totally understand why your devo about it.