+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default If you were me, you would... :)

Deleted for privacy.
    Last edited by Sirena89; 24-04-2019 at 13:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Do it! Sounds like you are well able to all round and sounds like you love being a mumma. Being worried and not enjoying early pregancy symptoms is totally normal and no reason to not have more kids. Who cares what other people think. Lol 5 kids is already weird so what's one more.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    not sure, for me the answer is no but then i think i’m probably not the mummy type. i’m worried about having a second never mind a sixth. it sounds as though you guys have a solid foundation, good relationship and can both handle the demands of a larger family (financially and emotionally). you’re both young and healthy. i therefore see little reason not to go for another one if that’s what you want. definitely not for me but i must say i’m impressed and slightly envious of your ability to cope with so many kids! end of the day, it’s your life and you get one go at it. if you believe another child will add another dimension to your lives then go for it! stuff what anyone else says!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For me personally it would be a big no, we have number 2 and 3 on the way and I’m freaking out.

You sound like you love having a big family and apart from the anxiety you don’t have any reservations. Could you chat to your GP and get a referral to a psychologist and maybe get a plan in place with some strategies on managing your anxiety, medication or CBT for example.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum-I-Am For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pregnant with our 6th. If it's something you want, go for it! And we are nowhere near as stable as you sound! But we manage. Our kids have never had an issue with other kids thinking its weird having such a big family. If anything, they are slightly jealous! It's mainly adults who seem to have a hard time understanding why we would choose to have so many kids (granted 5 and 6 weren't planned), especially because we aren't a blended family.

People are going to have an opinion no matter what- have 1 kid and you're depriving them of siblings, have 6 kids and you can't possibly be sane! Just do you and forget anyone else.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you are 100% only doing it because you want another family member, then yes I’d do it. Like if you honestly feel incomplete as a family. However, if you’re kind of just hoping for another boy and that’s a big part of why, then I do think you’re doing it for the wrong reasons (sorry, just being honest!).

My DP and I are a blended family with 5 between us (he’s got 3 boys, I’ve got a boy & a girl). I honestly have a lot of respect for people who have 5 kids full time because we have shared care with our ex spouses. I get breaks from kids (every second weekend kid free) and I find life busy as it is! Hats off to you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I was in your shoes I wouldn't

I had four children in just under seven years. In hindsight the baby and primary years were relatively easy.

As they started hitting the teen years things got harder. Much harder than I could have ever imagined.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    If you are 100% only doing it because you want another family member, then yes I’d do it. Like if you honestly feel incomplete as a family. However, if you’re kind of just hoping for another boy and that’s a big part of why, then I do think you’re doing it for the wrong reasons (sorry, just being honest!).

My DP and I are a blended family with 5 between us (he’s got 3 boys, I’ve got a boy & a girl). I honestly have a lot of respect for people who have 5 kids full time because we have shared care with our ex spouses. I get breaks from kids (every second weekend kid free) and I find life busy as it is! Hats off to you!

Thank you for honesty. Yes, if I am being honest, if our fourth was a boy we would have most probably stopped then, but if I went back in time knowing I would have two girls I would have done it again. I wouldn't change my girls for the world. I love all my kids unconditionally.
    My first was a boy, followed very soon by a girl. That was all a big adjustment for me, having 2 under 2. It just went so quick. I miss trucks, diggers,superheroes,dinosaurs. . Although, if we did end up having another boy, I imagine he would be into my little ponies and dolls lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    If I was in your shoes I wouldn't

I had four children in just under seven years. In hindsight the baby and primary years were relatively easy.

As they started hitting the teen years things got harder. Much harder than I could have ever imagined.
    Please, tell me more. Little kids are awesome. I m thinking of working in childcare when I go back to work.
    But I am scared of teenage years,,,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If I were in your shoes... I would have baby no 6 if it were because our family didn’t feel fulfilled/complete at five kids.

If I were in your shoes... and I was wanting another baby mostly in the hopes to have another ‘boy/brother to my son’ then no, I wouldn’t have another baby.

You certainly sound like a well-adjusted, happy family who can handle all the demands that a large family brings. I wouldn’t worry about the perceptions of others, I am sure after having four girls and then a boy you’ve already had your fair share of silly comments, and as for teenage years, I don’t think teens would care to much if their friends came from a large or small family. I don’t think teens invest too much time thinking about those sorts of things.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Sirena89 (03-04-2019)