+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I need to update you all. Dr N sent me an email with all the costing involved, he had actually sent it to me in January but I couldn't find the email. He seems to be very lovely.
    I'm very anxious about everything at the moment and August is fast approaching.
    I've never travelled OS so it's all new for me.
    I went to the bank and paid the deposit and couldn't believe the conversion rate so that totally stressed me.
    I've started a fake cycle with my FS here in OZ, I think he's checking I respond well with Progynova. I had my first appointment earlier this week and started Progynova and my next appointment is next Wednesday and I should be on CD 11.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

Phia (26-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try going through a currency exchange online, like Travelex for example, rather than your bank, usually first transfer is free and conversion rates a bit better, although Aussie dollar is sh*t atm.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (23-05-2019),Phia (26-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @stacey10. Never thought of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just another thought to add to @makeuplover’s (and others) question about when we all felt ready to switch to DE.

I’ve often wondered why I found it relatively easy to switch my mindset to DE and I think now that my girls are toddlers I’m starting to work it out. I think what I enjoy most about motherhood doesn’t actually relate to genetics. I was initially so excited to see what they looked like, not to see if they looked like me, just to get a sense of who they are as humans. Now I love seeing their personalities develop, and helping them to understand how to treat others with kindness and care. I also love seeing their interests develop, their strengths and what they get excited about. And more than anything, I love how different they both are, and how different they are to me, my DP and others in our families, because they are themselves, individuals trying to navigate this sometimes crazy world, and I’m here to help and guide them to do that.

At the time we were planning our first DE trip to Greece, we were also registering for adoption and permanent care. While the complexities, uncertainties and timelines of both of those are often more challenging than DE, and I’m so so grateful DE worked for us, I can see that I love most about motherhood could be applied in any of those family situations, regardless of genetics. And potentially also to being an Aunty, godmother, carer...

This may just sound like a crazy ramble and not make sense to others, but I wanted to share it now that I’ve worked it out for myself, in case it helps others with their decisions and journeys.

I hope it doesn’t offend/upset anyone, please let me know if it does and I’ll remove it. Sending baby dust to all, in whatever form it may take.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Peninsula Girl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (25-05-2019),Ashwa (26-05-2019),Bubforkmb (24-05-2019),Kalina (24-05-2019),Makeuplover40 (25-05-2019),missybear (25-05-2019),Mydreambaby (24-05-2019),Phia (26-05-2019),RubyT78 (24-05-2019),Speckle2018 (30-05-2019),stacey10 (24-05-2019),Superaunty (24-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I need to update you all. Dr N sent me an email with all the costing involved, he had actually sent it to me in January but I couldn't find the email. He seems to be very lovely.
    I went to the bank and paid the deposit and couldn't believe the conversion rate so that totally stressed me.
    I've started a fake cycle with my FS here in OZ, I think he's checking I respond well with Progynova. I had my first appointment earlier this week and started Progynova and my next appointment is next Wednesday and I should be on CD 11.
    Just FYI we did double donor 4 times with Dr N and one time that was only one donor.
    I haven’t read through all your posts but I’m happy to answer any questions you have.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juventina For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (25-05-2019),Phia (26-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peninsula Girl View Post
    Just another thought to add to @makeuplover’s (and others) question about when we all felt ready to switch to DE.

I’ve often wondered why I found it relatively easy to switch my mindset to DE and I think now that my girls are toddlers I’m starting to work it out. I think what I enjoy most about motherhood doesn’t actually relate to genetics. I was initially so excited to see what they looked like, not to see if they looked like me, just to get a sense of who they are as humans. Now I love seeing their personalities develop, and helping them to understand how to treat others with kindness and care. I also love seeing their interests develop, their strengths and what they get excited about. And more than anything, I love how different they both are, and how different they are to me, my DP and others in our families, because they are themselves, individuals trying to navigate this sometimes crazy world, and I’m here to help and guide them to do that.

At the time we were planning our first DE trip to Greece, we were also registering for adoption and permanent care. While the complexities, uncertainties and timelines of both of those are often more challenging than DE, and I’m so so grateful DE worked for us, I can see that I love most about motherhood could be applied in any of those family situations, regardless of genetics. And potentially also to being an Aunty, godmother, carer...

This may just sound like a crazy ramble and not make sense to others, but I wanted to share it now that I’ve worked it out for myself, in case it helps others with their decisions and journeys.

I hope it doesn’t offend/upset anyone, please let me know if it does and I’ll remove it. Sending baby dust to all, in whatever form it may take.
    That really resonated with me. I really enjoy getting to know Miss P’s personality and excited and honoured to be able to guide her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Peninsula Girl (26-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi everyone,

You’re in safe hands and Dr Kanakas will look after you. Don’t worry about being overseas - it’s just like being in a different suburb - it’s all pretty much the same! Just don’t throw toilet paper down the toilet - have to use the bin beside the loo!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo (26-05-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone :-)

My first post, but I've been poring over the last 3 or 4 threads and firstly want to say a huge thank you to everyone in here, and for being so wonderful and open to share your stories, knowledge and support.

I've learnt more here from all you wonderful ladies, than I've been able to find anywhere ... in fact there's nothing that comes even close!

My partner and I have just started our ED journey and it is without question one of the most daunting things I've ever done ... but it feels so safe here, so here I am reaching out with a question!! ...

We are both 46 and met late in life. That meant an intense period with multiple rounds of IVF. For all of that we only had one PGS tested embryo.

After a bad experience with our original FS, we sought a second opinion and ended up moving to NL. So glad we did as a discovered high NKC and that we both share a gene ... so that delayed transfer while we went through LMIT, plus a stack of drugs to manage NKC etc for the transfer of our one and only embryo.

That happened in April, which sadly was a BFN. So we are now moving to DE, which we want to do as quickly as possible!!

The information you've shared here has been invaluable in helping us to shortlist a handful of clinics in Greece - so a massive thank you x

As for my couple of questions:

- Depending on where timing falls for us, DH may not be able to travel with me due to work commitments. Has anyone had this issue, and if so what have you done about getting his sperm to Greece? Does he need to go ahead of time so they can freeze it? Or can he provide sperm here and can I take it with me, frozen? (and if so, are there any quarantine/clearance criteria that need to be met? And what lead time needs to be provided to ensure clearance?

2. Does anyone have experience with clinics in Spain and/or South Africa? If so, would love to hear any recommendations?

Thanks again so much to you all for making the start of our journey already much easier xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation Greece #17

Welcome @Maree22! If you do an all freeze cycle, your hubby goes ahead at any time and all embryos frozen until you’re ready to arrive. FET cycles are slightly better in terms of success rates anyhow. Good luck! You’ll be fine

He only needs to stay a day so you be able to cut down on accommodation.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

Maree22 (16-06-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread @Maree22! Looking forward to following your journey

18. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

Maree22 (16-06-2019)