+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear you lost your babies @Waitinghopeful. This really is very sad.
    I looked into timing. My clinic, like others it seems, does something dodgy with timing for FETs. I was only on a natural cycle but know this:
    For frozen's they calculate ovulation at the time of the LH surge, (should be day after)
    But then if they are transferred fresh (from frozen eggs), it is one day after real ovulation.

With my FET a researcher from the lab (not FS) organised transfer date, I was told ovulation occurred on a Tuesday, and transfer arranged for Saturday. Notes also said that I had a short luteal phase. In fact I had a normal 14d luteal phase, I ovulated on Wednesday and the doctor which did the transfer didn't look at the notes until after the transfer and he sounded shocked when he said 'did they a least give you progesterone support'. Obviously it was a failure. They also discarded a low quality blastocyst without notification or permission. I was really upset at the time as the blastocyst could have took. They blamed it on low quality eggs, blaming the patient. Fortunately IVF worked in the end for me.
    I am happy to look at your bloods and any medication to lead up to ovulation and transfer to see is there were any glaring errors. I did educate myself in the process and still have my notes. You can get the records from your clinic.
    Last edited by Frankie1; 19-04-2020 at 08:34. Reason: clarify

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankie1 For This Useful Post:

Waitinghopeful (20-04-2020)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie1 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear you lost your babies @Waitinghopeful. This really is very sad.
    I looked into timing. My clinic, like others it seems, does something dodgy with timing for FETs. I was only on a natural cycle but know this:
    For frozen's they calculate ovulation at the time of the LH surge, (should be day after)
    But then if they are transferred fresh (from frozen eggs), it is one day after real ovulation.

With my FET a researcher from the lab (not FS) organised transfer date, I was told ovulation occurred on a Tuesday, and transfer arranged for Saturday. Notes also said that I had a short luteal phase. In fact I had a normal 14d luteal phase, I ovulated on Wednesday and the doctor which did the transfer didn't look at the notes until after the transfer and he sounded shocked when he said 'did they a least give you progesterone support'. Obviously it was a failure. They also discarded a low quality blastocyst without notification or permission. I was really upset at the time as the blastocyst could have took. They blamed it on low quality eggs, blaming the patient. Fortunately IVF worked in the end for me.
    I am happy to look at your bloods and any medication to lead up to ovulation and transfer to see is there were any glaring errors. I did educate myself in the process and still have my notes. You can get the records from your clinic.
    Thank you again for all of your input @Frankie1, I’ll see if I can get a hold of my records and pm you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Over 40's #49

Last edited by Jobaby1; 23-04-2020 at 16:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello Ladies, I’m hoping to join in here. I’m just try find where I would fit. I’m 40 next year and have been an IVF warrior since 2006. Saying that out loud . We have 1 miracle DD12 and have had many miscarriages. Statistically we have had a very successful IVF journey. Reality I’m a mess.
    I didn’t realise how broken I was. Last year DH convinced me to quit my job. I wasn’t dealing well (I was in denial)Best decision ever! I now see how I dealt with IVF was wrong and I really wasn’t taking care of me and my mental health. But now I’m ready. IVF I’ve got this.

I know this thread has been super quiet that’s ok. We are hoping to start our next cycle Aug/Sept.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I am a long time follower of this thread and another over 40’s thread.

I am 4dp5dt. I triggered with Ovridel 250 10 nearly 11 days ( late tonight will be 11 days ).
    When do you think this would be out of my system. I did a fresh cycle last year with ovridel but can’t remember when it was out of my system ( that cycle was a 3day transfer which was a BFN ). My last cycle I triggered on Pregnyl ( also 3 day BFN ) and I think that was out of my system by 7-8 days. I am also on 2x day crinone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Waitinghopeful.

I don’t have any success stories unfortunately but my experience is similar to yours. I am 44, had my son naturally at 41. We have been trying for our second for the past two years. I have had three natural CP in that time. We turned to IVF last year and haven’t had any luck. I had another CP on a 5 day frozen transfer.
    We had signed the paperwork to do a final cycle, then covid happened. As soon as they announced IVF was back on I emailed our clinic. We did what will be our final stim cycle and we transferred a 5 day expanded blast last week. I am 4dp5dt. I have done three stim cycles and I don’t think I can take another one. If this doesn’t work I am going to go to Chinese medicine and acupuncture. I did some acupuncture in the past and I am not sure if it helps or not. I also may look at a naturopath but I don’t think my husband will be on board with it.
    A good friend of mine conceived her third child at 44 and gave birth at 45, natural pregnancy... she is my inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Waitinghopeful View Post
    I realise this thread has been very quiet of late but I was hoping if I reached out someone might be around.
    Just hoping for a positive story regarding using your own eggs at 43.
    I had my first and second pregnancies via ivf at 40. We have dd who is 2. I’ve just had my 43rd bday.

Hoping for another but I’ve now used my 2 frozen embryos early this year - both bfn.

Obviously covid-19 has delayed any epu and future transfers.

My fs wasn’t overalls optimistic of our chances, and that was before everything was cancelled!
    Just wondering if anyone here was successful with a take home baby, from there 43 year old eggs 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hostie girl

Unfortunately I might have to join this thread now. :-) At 42 I have now had 5 unsuccessful pregnancies and my head is spinning. I have no living children which makes me eternally sad.

So sorry that your rounds all didn't work out so far, you must feel horribly disappointed.

Did you do PGD with your embryos? I am extremely interested in this topic as I have just had to endure another terribly upsetting d&c at 11 weeks 2 days (almost the first trimester gone!) due to a non-viable pregnancy with chromosal issues.

I was told by my obgyn (and DR Google seems to confirm it albeit without much explanation) that the risk of generating chromosomally abnormal eggs/embryos increases exponentially from age 40+. BUT I personally do know people who conceived normal children over the age of 40 (while being overweight and drinking alcohol) and they didn't even try hard for them. So I wonder if it's just fate, bad genes, or condemned to being one of those minority percentage cases that are unlucky in the reproductive area full stop. You can probably relate to that.

I seem to have a condition called super fertility, so I get pregnant rapidly and without problems as my uterus seems to take and implant whatever it gets (I was pregnant 5 times in 2 years, all naturally), but without any viable pregnancies potentially all due to rubbish eggs/embryos. It's heartbreaking.

I did indeed try out Chinese Medicine and acupuncture for six months between last October and this January here in Melbourne (until COVID came around) but it didn't seem to have improved the quality of my eggs whatsoever even though it fixed my cycle nicely and I felt much more relaxed. I have also been taking all sorts of supposedly helpful supplements including high doses of ubiquinol over the course of two years, but all of these didn't seem to have done anything for me.

So I was wondering why you were now thinking of trying again naturally and checking out natural fertility treatment. (BTW I can highly recommend Andrew Loosley's program if you're looking for proper support. He's got a dispenser in Aussie so you would get all herbs individually mixed and sent to you while he would give you counseling and all info via online chats.)

I hope you're going to get lucky again soon, all the best.
    Last edited by martha; 23-05-2020 at 17:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone is still reading on here I'd also like some tips around preparing for IVF beforehand.

Has anyone had some natural fertility treatment before starting a cycle? I am thinking of acupuncture, Chinese herbs, natural fertility counseling and the like.

Would be really interested to know what you did to prepare for IVF as I am new to this whole IVF thing and pretty scared of more failures lying ahead.