+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Asd level 3

Hi mums,
    I have previously posted about my dd probably having asd. So finally got the chance of private oaeds appointment, I was expecting mild asd but the o
    Paeds has labelled her asd level 3 with GDD too. She has done DNA tests too for fragile x syndrome and cornelia de Lange syndrome. She also mentioned dd has intellectual disability and further has referred us to psychologist. Hearing all this has totally devastated me, have been crying constantly...I'm grieving. I'm so much worried about her future , and the words . I'm heart broken. Totally lost, I think this is the best place to share my feelings.
    Kindly mums who have children with asd level 3 share some positive things about your child progress since diagnosis.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi there - it is really, really hard when you first get the diagnosis huh? Like your heart has been ripped out of your chest.

My DS was diagnosed when he was 3 years 9 months old with level 2 ASD & GDD. He is now 8 years old and it is unbelievable how far he has come since he was diagnosed thanks to early intervention therapy.

Sure, he’s still behind his peers in a lot of ways, but he’s in a mainstream class at school now and thriving.

How old is your DD?

FYI, there’s an ongoing support thread on bubhub for us mums with ASD kids. I’ll tag you in it. We’d be happy for you to join our crew.

Please know - there is help and there is hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot. Yes everything has changed.
    She is 3.5 yr old. No matter how I try to explain myself that whatever possible we will do for her. But having said that, I can't seem to control the feelings of grief. I'm worried about her future.
    Please do tag me in that post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arriety View Post
    Thanks a lot. Yes everything has changed.
    She is 3.5 yr old. No matter how I try to explain myself that whatever possible we will do for her. But having said that, I can't seem to control the feelings of grief. I'm worried about her future.
    Please do tag me in that post.
    All your feelings are understandable and normal. It’s a lot to take in. I would suggest trying to live in the present as much as possible and try not to worry about the distant future.

Your DD is still quite young, so early intervention therapy is likely to have a significant positive impact.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Arriety (01-04-2019)