+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default VBAC or 2nd C section

My first baby was like yours OP, stubborn breech all the way till the end and I had an elective c/s.

Babies 2, 3 and 4 were all vbacs, and in different hospitals (had interstate moves).

I was very adamant I never wanted another c/s (if possible) and therefore had all my care with Midwives and caseloads. I chose this because I knew if I had an OB, chances were despite being a good candidate for a vbac, (having only had a c/s for a breech baby was considered a good candidate) that I probably wouldn’t be given as good a chance to birth naturally without intervention etc.

I found out all the hospitals (I was to birth in) policies regarding vbacs, and found none would induce, spontaneous labour was encouraged, and they were all happy to u/s the caesar scar to check the integrity.

I also did everything I could to try and have optimal birth positioning, so did the ‘spinning babies’ techniques, didn’t sit in any recliners, tried to be on my knees as much as possible and avoided lounging. Thankfully I didn’t have anymore breech babies and all were head down at 40 weeks. Obviously nothing’s guaranteed, but it certainly helped me.

Like anything, every birth and every ‘body’ is different, so what works for one Mum physically and mentally may not be right for another. But, if you are keen for a vbac, you need to know the hospital’s policies and research your choices from there.

All the best with your decision, I hope you get the birth you so desire.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (27-03-2019)