+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby jogger bassinets - compact or deluxe?

Hi,
    Have any of you used either of these bassinets on your Baby jogger pram?

I have 2 questions:
    1. what is the difference between them? (apart from the obvious, that the compact must be a bit smaller?) I've been looking online and I've noticed that the compact is 'not recommended for overnight sleeping', so I'm wondering if perhaps the deluxe is more versatile and the bub can sleep in it for a longer period of time?

2. Did you find the bassinet useful? I am going to be in and out of the car a LOT with this baby doing school drop-off and pick-up every day for my older 2. So, I have a capsule that will fit on my City mini, so that if bub falls asleep in the car I can pop the capsule on the pram without (hopefully!) disturbing the nap.

However, I'm wary of using the capsule too much, and not for extended periods of time, so I'm thinking a bassinet for the pram might be useful in situations where I want to go for a walk and let the baby sleep flat in the pram, or if we go out for a day as a family, the baby could still get some (safe and healthy) sleep in the bassinet, to allow us to stay out longer and not worry about limiting the time that the baby is in the capsule (our two other children are quite a bit older, and this baby is going to be carted around more to fit in with family activities for the older two, so being able to sleep safely when we are out is going to be a necessity.)

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on whether you used the bassinet and found it useful, or was it a waste of time? I know it's only for the first 6 months or so, so I'd be looking at getting a secondhand one.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I had the compact bassinet with my first. I used it attached to the City Mini GT and found it great for walks, and if I went somewhere, like a friends place, I could use it as a little sleeping space for a few hours. I don't think either bassinet can be used for overnight sleeping.
    DD fit in it until about 4 or 5m old, so it didn't last ages. Length was fine, but it got snug across the shoulders.
    I leapt at the chance to pick up a compact bassinet on the local free to good home FB page, but would have done the same for the deluxe as well. Just be aware you need adapters (generally sold seperately) to connect it to your pram. The bassinettes tend to hold their value, so you should be able to resell after you've used it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Hi, I had the compact bassinet with my first. I used it attached to the City Mini GT and found it great for walks, and if I went somewhere, like a friends place, I could use it as a little sleeping space for a few hours. I don't think either bassinet can be used for overnight sleeping.
    DD fit in it until about 4 or 5m old, so it didn't last ages. Length was fine, but it got snug across the shoulders.
    I leapt at the chance to pick up a compact bassinet on the local free to good home FB page, but would have done the same for the deluxe as well. Just be aware you need adapters (generally sold seperately) to connect it to your pram. The bassinettes tend to hold their value, so you should be able to resell after you've used it
    Thanks very much, that's really helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone has suggestions? Thanks