+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVM (In Vitro Maturation) Experiences?

I've been reading lots of old threads but can't seem to find anything from the last few years.

I am wondering if anyone has IVM experiences they might be able to share?
    How many eggs were collected/matured//fert/made blast? Did you have success?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump...anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi i di read yourpost and had to google ivm from what i read it said it was still an experimental procedure and might be available in 3-5 years so that might be why there's no threads on it or ladies replying? Is there a clinic you are going to that does ivm now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Hi i di read yourpost and had to google ivm from what i read it said it was still an experimental procedure and might be available in 3-5 years so that might be why there's no threads on it or ladies replying? Is there a clinic you are going to that does ivm now?
    One of my egg was immature, FC fertilised it and then it caught up to the mature eggs. Surprised me. So there is a medium out there that can assist in egg maturation. Question is why aren't all FC using it. Then we'd have a lot more eggs to work with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RubADub For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (25-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    It's definitely available but it isn't wide spread. There is a clinic in Perth that has been doing it for the last decade or so. But the most recent threads I can find are 2016-ish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justamatteroftime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

9. The Following User Says Thank You to justamatteroftime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I spoke with my clinic today. They have suggested the rates (on average) are...
    65% of IVM immature eggs mature
    70% of mature eggs fertilise
    40% of fertilised eggs make day 5 and get frozen.

So, in theory, if they hypothetically collect 20 eggs - 13 will mature, 9 will fertilise, 4 will make day five freeze. IVM usually yields a higher quantity of eggs because it's suited to women with PCOS who have a high number of antral follicles (my AFC is over 60). Obviously, there will be a range of factors influencing this result such as age, sperm, meds etc. We plan to do a collection later in the year so I'll try and come back to report on if those stats actually stack up.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to justamatteroftime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justamatteroftime View Post
    Ok, I spoke with my clinic today. They have suggested the rates (on average) are...
    65% of IVM immature eggs mature
    70% of mature eggs fertilise
    40% of fertilised eggs make day 5 and get frozen.

So, in theory, if they hypothetically collect 20 eggs - 13 will mature, 9 will fertilise, 4 will make day five freeze. IVM usually yields a higher quantity of eggs because it's suited to women with PCOS who have a high number of antral follicles (my AFC is over 60). Obviously, there will be a range of factors influencing this result such as age, sperm, meds etc. We plan to do a collection later in the year so I'll try and come back to report on if those stats actually stack up.
    Oh thats really interesting, im sorry i was so misinformed and im grateful to have learnt about this coz you never know how sharing info might help someone else. And yeah i can see how for ladies with pcos this would be really effective and maybe also avoid OHSS. Well there you go, i sure hope it works out for you and am wishing you all the best. :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

justamatteroftime (25-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! Yes I've had OHSS so hoping to avoid it as you use far less medication. Fingers crossed! Unfortunately this isn't a common approach so there is hardly any info around on the forums. Don't apologise for not knowing, I'm yet to meet anyone who has heard of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didnt do IVM like on purpose. I just had maybe 8 or 9 eggs and half of them were “immature” upon retrieval, so they “matured” them in the lab, grew them to day 5 after fertilization. I transferred 3 of those blastocysts, one of which is now my 3 year old child. I was told the odds were very low, so low that some clinics in my county (USA) wont even bother to try. But they were wrong and I am not a person that has good luck.