+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum-I-Am View Post
    DD has a pretty similar rash, the gp is convinced it’s not chicken pox and has said it is parvovirus. She got secondary impetigo as well but that’s not in this photo.

Attachment 99835
    Not that I'm a GP but I'm not sure about your parvo (also known as fifth disease or slapped cheek) diagnosis. My 3 have all had that as well and confirmed with blood tests when DH came down with a very severe case. He must have managed to miss it in childhood and while usually mild in kids getting it for the first time as an adult can be nasty. Parvo rash usually much finer and more 'lacey' and then the 'slapped' cheek look towards the end of the virus. My vote would still be chicken pox, especially with the secondary impetigo. Either way home your DD feels better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3littlekittens View Post
    Not that I'm a GP but I'm not sure about your parvo (also known as fifth disease or slapped cheek) diagnosis. My 3 have all had that as well and confirmed with blood tests when DH came down with a very severe case. He must have managed to miss it in childhood and while usually mild in kids getting it for the first time as an adult can be nasty. Parvo rash usually much finer and more 'lacey' and then the 'slapped' cheek look towards the end of the virus. My vote would still be chicken pox, especially with the secondary impetigo. Either way home your DD feels better soon.
    She had the slapped cheeks I was purely showing the OP the rash as it was relevant to her post.

Thanks for your non medical opinion but I trust my gp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry - no offence was intended. Just an alternate opinion as when chicken pox went through our area last year (almost every child in the junior school) the local doctors were hit and miss on diagnosis. Rashes are tricky and even GPs aren't 100% on diagnosis without blood tests. Take care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Doctor was comfortable saying bites from something. He said because they seem clustered (pp mentioned something similar) that he was pretty sure it wasn’t chicken pox or anything like that. He did say because ds reacts to mosquitoes he could be reacting to some other bite. We did get the standard ‘come back if they change’ but for now I’m pretty happy that’s it’s nothing sinister. Will ring daycare and see if any other kids have had the same thing or if maybe it’s from here but df and I are fine.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Mum-I-Am (22-03-2019),SSecret Squirrel (22-03-2019)