+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF / IUI ladies on Clexane - can it cause

Hello ladies, I am seeking some advice from anyone who has become pregnant through IVF or IUI and has been on NKC protocol.
    I have recently become pregnant through our first IUI following 10+ unsuccessful IVF transfers. I am on the NKC protocol so prednisone and clexane. I am current 5w3d and stupidly went for a long slow jog this morning. Later on this morning went to the bathroom and had bright red blood. Not a huge amount, but quite thin bright red blood. It is now lighter brown in colour, no more red. I have had no cramping. My clinic said there is not much they can do but will take bloods again tomorrow. Until now my hcg has been doubling nicely and was over 6000 yesterday (5w2d)
    So I am wondering:
    Has anyone had this experience in early pregnancy? What was the outcome?
    Is it possible Clexane could have exacerbated cervix irritation because it’s a blood thinner?
    Should I stop jogging and walk instead?
    Could this be a miscarriage starting and progesterone supplementation is just holding it off?
    Uuurggghhhhh this not knowing is the worst

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Nettz, I was in clexane, pred, prog etc earlier this pregnancy.
    Give Dr M a call, but when I had a bleed (first tri, but can't remember when exactly) he said to stop the clexane for 2 days and take an extra progesterone. Would be worth calling his rooms to confirm this.
    Bodies do weird things early on, I would take it easy (it doesn't take much to convince me to take it easy lol), and just ride it out.
    Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

nettz84 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ565 View Post
    Hi Nettz, I was in clexane, pred, prog etc earlier this pregnancy.
    Give Dr M a call, but when I had a bleed (first tri, but can't remember when exactly) he said to stop the clexane for 2 days and take an extra progesterone. Would be worth calling his rooms to confirm this.
    Bodies do weird things early on, I would take it easy (it doesn't take much to convince me to take it easy lol), and just ride it out.
    Good luck!
    @SJ565 thanks - I definitely hope this is just a one off and doesn’t mean anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree I would check if you should stop Clexane for a few days or not. I would probably also avoid the jogging for awhile. Walking should normally be fine but I would avoid any extra walks for the next 5 days or so.

Bleeding can be common, so take it easy and rest up, but stay positive xx

R

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

nettz84 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and congratulations. I did an IUI for my 11th cycle. It was my first one after all the IVF but I just thought I should try one so I could say I’d tried everything. Glad to hear that strategy worked for you xx

R

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Risa78 For This Useful Post:

nettz84 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Risa78 thankyou - the more I look online the more I see stories on forums like this and also medical opinions that it can happen and pregnancy still be ok. Really hoping this is the one for us after such a long journey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

Risa78 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi yep i think most drs and us ladies would advise stop clexane if bleeding but I'm not a dr so check asap with the dr thst prescribed you clexane, espeicially if it was prescribed for a specific diagnosed clotting issue. If it was just as an additional med that could help i reckon theyd say to stop. Also rest up, bed rest if you can but definitely take it easy. No lifting or exercising after a bleed and extra progesterone cant hurt. On the dr warren deambrosis thread, the ladies said he always advised more progesterone and bed rest after a bleed. In saying all that, over the years i have read many many posts about ladies having heavy bleeds, regular bleeds throughout pregnancy and SCH and babies were born just fine. Im sorry this scary thing has happened and hope your drs are looking after you promptly xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

nettz84 (20-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    Hi yep i think most drs and us ladies would advise stop clexane if bleeding but I'm not a dr so check asap with the dr thst prescribed you clexane, espeicially if it was prescribed for a specific diagnosed clotting issue. If it was just as an additional med that could help i reckon theyd say to stop. Also rest up, bed rest if you can but definitely take it easy. No lifting or exercising after a bleed and extra progesterone cant hurt. On the dr warren deambrosis thread, the ladies said he always advised more progesterone and bed rest after a bleed. In saying all that, over the years i have read many many posts about ladies having heavy bleeds, regular bleeds throughout pregnancy and SCH and babies were born just fine. Im sorry this scary thing has happened and hope your drs are looking after you promptly xx
    Thankyou so much for the reassurance, I hope that I will be one of those people that bled and then went on to have a normal pregnancy!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (20-03-2019)

buffysatine is offline Don't give up here, dont you quit, the moment is now this is it...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Hope all is ok. I was on clexane & pessaries & had 3 bleeds in the first 8 weeks. I used to power walk but was taking it easy with my prior history of miscarriage. I was dignosed with a hematoma, dr stopped aspirin & clexane. Im now mamma to a gorgeous 7 month old after 10years & 15 rounds.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to buffysatine For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (12-04-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by buffysatine View Post
    Hi,

Hope all is ok. I was on clexane & pessaries & had 3 bleeds in the first 8 weeks. I used to power walk but was taking it easy with my prior history of miscarriage. I was dignosed with a hematoma, dr stopped aspirin & clexane. Im now mamma to a gorgeous 7 month old after 10years & 15 rounds.
    @buffysatine thanks I’ve had two scans since then both showing baby is fine so hopefully we are good now. I have been told to stop clexane at 12 weeks, which will be a relief (tired of needles). 15 rounds is a lot! I think we did 11 rounds of IVF unsuccessfully over 2.5 years before getting our BFP through IUI. I just wish now that I’d pushed harder for IUI earlier. I knew my body wasn’t agreeing with IVF and should have trusted my instincts.