+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Multiple Transfers

Hello,

As I’ve briefly mentioned I’m a newbie here on the DE forums.

Currently prepping this month for a FET OE, shall be transferring 2x Day 3 Embryos (untested). Than if no luck moving onto our next option.

I’m wondering when everyone is going OS for a DE FET are they transferring only 1? Or doing a double transfer? We are TTC #1 have done 10 IVF cycles (mix of stim cycles/FET/freeze all) one BFP but miscarriage (due to chromosome issues) & immune problems which are now under control.

I’m weary of twins & the complications although we would love more than 1x child, time isn’t on my side (40 turning 41)

Would love to know people experiences, views etc.

Much appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually time is on your side, your relatively young, depending on which country you end up by going to (Spain, Greece) you can be treated until your 50, South Africa is 50 I think, Czech Republic 49, Slovakia 52, although no offical age limit, Russia 52, north Cyprus 55, ukraine/Georgia 55-60ish depending on the clinic, so you don’t need to rush into transferring two if you don’t want twins, but it also depends on finances as well. Depends on which clinic you choose as to how much their fets cost, some clinics charge €500 some as much as €2-3000, and also depends on if you get any to freeze or more than 2, and of course if you get any to freeze and your only interested in doing single transfers, tell the clinic to freeze in single straws or you may face the possibility of having to discard a perfectly good embryo.
    Last edited by stacey10; 19-03-2019 at 19:53.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (19-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And their is a very good saying that’s been going around for years, never transfer more than your willing to carry.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (19-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @RubyT78,
    I'm similar to you as in I've done over 10 transfers using my own eggs! I'm heading to Greece for the first time using DE in August! I'm so excited and counting down the weeks hehe.
    I'm going to be transferring two embryos. I'm trying to stay positive but after so many failures I sometimes feel it will never work..... are these normal thoughts ladies?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Amandamoo For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (19-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Actually time is on your side, your relatively young, depending on which country you end up by going to (Spain, Greece) you can be treated until your 50, Czech Republic 49, Slovakia 52, although no offical age limit, Russia 52, north Cyprus 55, ukraine/Georgia 55-60ish depending on the clinic, so you don’t need to rush into transferring two if you don’t want twins, but it also depends on finances as well. Depends on which clinic you choose as to how much their fets cost, some clinics charge €500 some as much as €2-3000, and also depends on if you get any to freeze or more than 2, and of course if you get any to freeze and your only interested in doing single transfers, tell the clinic to freeze in single straws or you may face the possibility of having to discard a perfectly good embryo.
    Hello @stacey10, Thank-you! it’s good to have another angle to look at it!
    I guess with 10 IVF cycles, almost 4 years TTC ERA, Laps, D&C, dye test, so many many tests and a lot of money spent - we just want to be parents now, my brother has had twins, I’m happy to carry twins. I just want to know the full implications of a high risk pregnancy. Have done a wee bit of research. But trying go in fully aware.

Still on the clinic search!!!
    Thank-you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Hi @RubyT78,
    I'm similar to you as in I've done over 10 transfers using my own eggs! I'm heading to Greece for the first time using DE in August! I'm so excited and counting down the weeks hehe.
    I'm going to be transferring two embryos. I'm trying to stay positive but after so many failures I sometimes feel it will never work..... are these normal thoughts ladies?
    @Amandamoo Oh so very exciting! Hopefully you have a holiday organised in there as well?! Yes the IVF bandwagon has certainly been exhausting.

Do you mind if I ask your age? And what made you choose Greece? Which clinic did you decide on?

Thank-you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’ve had twins, and for me I had no problems at all, I carried until 38 wks, both babies were 7lb, i am pretty short and was 46 at the time, I know it’s not like that for some, but yes it’s a high risk pregnancy, but your monitored much more than a single pregnancy, so any potential problems would hopefully be picked up early. You do have to look after yourself much more than you do with a single pregnancy, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing in my books

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

RubyT78 (19-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    I’ve had twins, and for me I had no problems at all, I carried until 38 wks, both babies were 7lb, i am pretty short and was 46 at the time, I know it’s not like that for some, but yes it’s a high risk pregnancy, but your monitored much more than a single pregnancy, so any potential problems would hopefully be picked up early. You do have to look after yourself much more than you do with a single pregnancy, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing in my books
    @stacey10 wow! Congrats on your bubs & for going full term safely & relatively “easily” with no problems! Ha, yes I think even having a singleton and all the crap you go through with AC I would struggle not having constant care & monitoring! 🤣

Do you mind if ask what’s your height? Are you currently doing another DE cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I’m about 162-3 cm and I’m looking at doing another cycle possibly in October, but I’ll be going to north Cyprus, previously Ive cycled in Greece, and Czech Republic.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

gorgeousgeorge (27-03-2019),RubyT78 (19-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyT78 View Post
    @Amandamoo Oh so very exciting! Hopefully you have a holiday organised in there as well?! Yes the IVF bandwagon has certainly been exhausting.

Do you mind if I ask your age? And what made you choose Greece? Which clinic did you decide on?
    Thank-you!
    Yes I'm going to go to Greece for a couple of weeks. I got married in 2005 and was 25 years old and have been TTC since then. Started IVF 2007 - 2017. I'm currently 38 turning 39 very soon. I looked into many clinics but I found some took a long time to reply to emails. Some do egg sharing....
    I would love to go to Hawaii Conceptions Centre but that is very very expensive. I would have liked to go there due to the child/ren being able to contact the biological parents if they wanted after 18 years of age. But unfortunately I can't afford 40K. I am going to Embryoland. I sent them an email/completed an online form and Dr Nikos got in contact with us within a couple of days. He is brilliant.