+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 day scan stims

Hello everyone, just need to hear you experience. I have pcos and today I had scan at day 5 stims. It showed 15 follicles from 10 mm to 18 mm on left side and only two on right side 10 and 12 mm. I am just concerned why it’s so uneven. Anyone had same experience? How many eggs you were able to retrieve,? What should be follicles size after 4 day stims? Last teo cycles i had almost same number of eggs both side and wondering why it’s different this cycle. I am on same dose 100 u of puregon. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I’m sorry it sounds like it might just be bad luck this month, unless anything has changed in your protocol?

How many are over 15mm? Normally they’d trigger once the lead follie is over 18mm. But if you don’t have any others over 15mm then I guess the FS will keep going which could risk the big one becoming overcooked, but give the smaller ones a chance to catch up.

I guess all you can do is try to relax and see what Monday’s scan brings?

Good luck xx

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Risa78 View Post
    I’m sorry it sounds like it might just be bad luck this month, unless anything has changed in your protocol?

How many are over 15mm? Normally they’d trigger once the lead follie is over 18mm. But if you don’t have any others over 15mm then I guess the FS will keep going which could risk the big one becoming overcooked, but give the smaller ones a chance to catch up.

I guess all you can do is try to relax and see what Monday’s scan brings?

Good luck xx

R
    Thanks Risa Yeah I guess it’s just luck as I am on same protocol. There are quite a few over 15 and biggest bein 18 already. I think they will have to let go of that one. I am continuing same dose stims and adding orgalutran today and next scan Monday. Hoping for egg collection on Wednesday. It’s strange how our bodies respond differently to same drugs and doses

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck!

If your 18mm slows down a little it might still be ok size for Wednesday EPU. They can grow 1-2mm a day so depends if it’s at the 1mm or the 2mm end! Just wanted to let you know it’s not a definite write off

That’s great you have a few above 15mm.

Best of luck xx

R