+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What would you do - Thaw cycle

Hello bubhubbers

Looking to tap into some of that lovely collective wisdom and experience we share.

I had an egg collection last month and was lucky enough to get some great day 5 blasts. Two were biopsied and came back genetically normal. Unfortunately I got OHSS (awful) and so the cycle was a freeze all.

Got AF, commenced a thaw cycle.

My FS is away at the moment and I went in to see his colleague for a thaw scan. She said that we should transfer an untested embryo this cycle, I think as sort of a test. I suspect she thinks it is doomed to fail, thus we should not waste a tested blast on the first try. I've emailed her to clarify.

I've never been pregnant, although I have no known immune/implantation issues. (Needed IVF for damaged tubes).

Any thoughts / experience ? ❤❤❤

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would get clarification as to why she’s suggesting this.
    Did she mention any results of the scan?
    If your thinking is that she thinks it’s doomed to fail, I’d want to know why.
    And in my opinion, if she saw something in the scan to warrant that belief, I wouldn’t do a transfer at all, given it costs money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I would get clarification as to why she’s suggesting this.
    Did she mention any results of the scan?
    If your thinking is that she thinks it’s doomed to fail, I’d want to know why.
    And in my opinion, if she saw something in the scan to warrant that belief, I wouldn’t do a transfer at all, given it costs money
    Thanks @Calstar, totally agree. I've asked her to clarify both points - is the OHSS still there / something else likely to impact the outcome? should we delay in that case rather than an embryo (even if untested).

I'm worried I'll have to pay anyway now as I've "started" the thaw cycle (had one scan). I'll need to check the cancellation policy.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Minimix88; 14-03-2019 at 11:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have the symptoms of OHSS cleared? I had 3 months between my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, so my body fully recovered and my first transfer was successful (dating scan tomorrow so hopefully everything is ok all the way). Keep inquiring them, they should explain everything to you and go with your gut feeling too...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to joyjen For This Useful Post:

Minimix88 (14-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joyjen View Post
    Have the symptoms of OHSS cleared? I had 3 months between my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, so my body fully recovered and my first transfer was successful (dating scan tomorrow so hopefully everything is ok all the way). Keep inquiring them, they should explain everything to you and go with your gut feeling too...
    Congratulations @joyjen, that's excellent ❤

I actually don't think the symptoms are completely gone... she may have used the word hemorrhage during the internal.

Thanks for your response, it gives me confidence to hear from you guys and follow my gut x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minimix88 I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to pop in and say good luck! Whichever embryo you have transferred I hope so much it's successful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FayBelle View Post
    @Minimix88 I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to pop in and say good luck! Whichever embryo you have transferred I hope so much it's successful xx
    Oh my gosh you're the sweetest @FayBelle.

I've just seen your update too, SOOOOO great 😊😊😊 Congratulations, such good news!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minimix88 For This Useful Post:

FayBelle (14-03-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    &minimix88
    Oh no, did you also got OHSS from Rekovelle? I guess we are the ginnypigs from our FS... I am also doing FET this month... how many eggs did u retrieve and freeze?
    My clinic does not test PGS and when I raised this to my FS she does not even want to discuss with us as she said in our age we don’t need to... sign... I m 30 and he is 34. This ll be our fourth transfer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimix88 View Post
    Thanks @Calstar, totally agree. I've asked her to clarify both points - is the OHSS still there / something else likely to impact the outcome? should we delay in that case rather than an embryo (even if untested).

I'm worried I'll have to pay anyway now as I've "started" the thaw cycle (had one scan). I'll need to check the cancellation policy.

Thanks again, really appreciate it.
    Check with your clinic. Mine charged about $1k for a cancelled cycle which is $500ish after rebate. But sometimes fir a FET they can just bulk bill it I think.

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeawish View Post
    &minimix88
    Oh no, did you also got OHSS from Rekovelle? I guess we are the ginnypigs from our FS... I am also doing FET this month... how many eggs did u retrieve and freeze?
    My clinic does not test PGS and when I raised this to my FS she does not even want to discuss with us as she said in our age we don’t need to... sign... I m 30 and he is 34. This ll be our fourth transfer...
    Hi @Makeawish !! Yes !! I also got OHSS !! So bad. My clinic pushed back initially when I asked for PGS testing, I bet we are at the same clinic, I see a pattern ?? I'll message you x