Hello and congratulations! my name is Amelia and I am a third year Nursing/Midwifery student at La Trobe University and am located in Melbourne. I am looking to recruit expecting mothers into the Continuity of Care program. The aim of the program is to provide support as well as advocate for women who are currently pregnant. I am looking for women who are due before mid August (around 20 weeks gestation). As part of the program I will attend at least 4 antenatal appointments, 2 postnatal and the birth (optional). It is completely up to you which appointments you would like me to attend.

Should you agree to participate in the program, I will be with you to provide support, a second pair of ears and a friendly face. Pregnancy can be quite daunting and you may find that an extra layer of support would be beneficial. The program is completely confidential and no information will be shared without your consent.

For me, this program allows me to gain invaluable experience supporting and advocating for women and improves my capabilities as a student midwife.
Research has shown that Continuity of Care can have significant benefits for mother and baby, including positive birth outcomes. I will be with you to advocate and provide support for you, whilst also providing advice within my scope of practise.
You may withdraw from the program at any point and am more than welcome to ask me any questions and get to know me