+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Firstly, I would ask the bride what she wants - if she isn't giving much guidance, ask her what her idea of a bad hen's celebration would be, then avoid doing that!

Some women like tacky dress up's, wangs everywhere and strippers - for others, it's their idea of a nightmare.

For my hen's night there was only six of us - we went out to a fantastic Lebanese restaurant for a huge banquet, followed by karaoke, then some drinks at a different pub. It was a really fun night

There are so many options (I like some of the suggestions already mentioned), but I'd try and dig a little deeper into what the bride and her friends might like and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Firstly, I would ask the bride what she wants - if she isn't giving much guidance, ask her what her idea of a bad hen's celebration would be, then avoid doing that!

Some women like tacky dress up's, wangs everywhere and strippers - for others, it's their idea of a nightmare.

For my hen's night there was only six of us - we went out to a fantastic Lebanese restaurant for a huge banquet, followed by karaoke, then some drinks at a different pub. It was a really fun night

There are so many options (I like some of the suggestions already mentioned), but I'd try and dig a little deeper into what the bride and her friends might like and go from there.
    This.

My hens night was at my mums with a handful of my closest friends, we hired a karaoke machine/jukebox, cocktail slushy machines and sumo suits. Im not a big party person, I hate pubs and clubs and prefer to be in my own comfort zone to enjoy myself. I also don't do the whole male stripper or wangs everywhere. My best friend organised it, but I told her the things I absolutely do not want and she planned the rest. I did agree to a giant wang chocolate cake (at my mother's instistance) and a tacky flashing tiara but that was my limit.

I'd ask the bride if there are any things she absolutely does or doesn't want and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've seen a company where you can hire topless cocktail waiters/makers and they can come to your home.
    Pottery class and then drinks and dinner.
    Depending on your state, places like hot springs (eg; Peninsula Hot Springs in Victoria).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What about one of those wine/art classes? I know lots of people who have done those for a hens and had a great time. Especially if it’s a person/nude you’re painting.

I had cocktails at home with a hired cocktail/slushy machine. Games were tame - how well do you know the bride etc.

My sister we did bowling at Strike (licensed and catered) followed by private karaoke. Neither of us are into tacky hens night stuff so was just nice and simple.

You could book a private room/bar somewhere and just have a nice quiet night. +/- a topless waiter or 2. I think as long as you’ve got good food options and good drink options then anything else will just be cherry on the cake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Art and wine class is so much fun!

As for games...Google has a lot, not all are tacky. Best one is to create a quiz about the groom/bride, get groom to answer. Every question she gets right she gets to nominate someone to have a drink/shot, if she gets it wrong she has to drink.